Sr. Manager, Collegiate & International Division
- Dallas, TX
Anthony Travel, Inc. is a full service travel management company specializing in athletic and university travel. Founded in 1989, we now have 24 years of experience in university travel, 23 on-site athletic department offices, six university-wide business travel offices and almost 200 employees. Our exciting growth has earned us multiple awards as a leading growth company: Leading Travel Agency in North America (2010, 2009, 2007), Dallas 100 Award (11-time winner), Indiana Companies to Watch (2012) and Small Business of the Year, St. Joseph County, Indiana (2008).
Summary of Role
Anthony Travel is looking for a Senior Manager to operate the Collegiate-International Events Division. This position reports directly to the Vice President-Event Services at Anthony Travel, Inc. The role resides full time in Dallas, TX. This position is a key leadership position with primary responsibility for overall collegiate and international event business operations. This individual will work closely and collaborate with other Senior Managers across the event business in creating a positive and effective working environment.
There are a variety of events managed in the collegiate-international division including, but not limited to:
- ESPN – team and fan travel to a variety of ESPN-owned and operated football and basketball events
- Football Fan Travel – both regular-season and postseason; various university clients
- Basketball Fan Travel – both regular-season and postseason; various university clients
- International Collegiate Tours –various university clients
- International Football Tours – various high school and university clients
Key characteristics that this individual must possess include leadership abilities, a strong desire to help people, strategic decision-making ability, negotiation skills, adaptability, as well as strong customer focus. This person must be a dynamic individual with broad business knowledge and the ability to represent the company as a leader in the sports travel and collegiate sports industry. This individual must provide excellent leadership across the office environment and management of team members within the Collegiate-International Events Division. This person must have powerful communication skills, both verbal and written, to interact with clients, associates, vendors, and other business professionals and the ability to form and grow strategic partnerships. This individual must be able to establish, communicate and execute vision, while maintaining oversight and responsibility for all business functions, including services, operations, sales, marketing, financial and human resources. This individual must be able to manage multiple roles, priorities and responsibilities simultaneously.
Relevant experience preferred with:
Collegiate Sports Relationship Management– internal/external
Event Operations and Logistics General Business Operations
Hospitality Team Supervision and Management
- Providing leadership and direction in developing long-range goals and growth plans for ATI collegiate-international event business, including relationship management, event growth and adoption, new solution development, partnerships and staffing strategies.
- Evolving an organization that is effective, consultative, responsive and capable of serving various event, client and customer opportunities.
- Recruiting, developing, motivating and retaining staff through the development of growth plans, coaching, mentoring, teamwork, mutual respect, and maintenance of the highest level of professionalism.
- Proposing and executing procedures, programs and technologies that maximum effectiveness and efficiency for event execution.
- Event package and other sales offerings - development and pricing
- Specific event procedures and systems (marketing, sales, fulfillment, on-site)
- Implementation of operational efficiencies
- Contract negotiations and reviews
- Management of inventory blocks to minimize risk and maximize revenue to company
- Situation analysis and decision making
- Staff training on events – identify key selling points and procedures to communicate to staff
- Staff training on client reporting
- Include appropriate staff in regular marketing meetings
- Build event budgets and measure event results
- Develop incentive programs for team members and clients, as appropriate
- Review and quality control
- Event procedures
- Marketing and sales materials
- Event payments
- Sales analysis and reconciliation
- Client reporting
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Recruit, develop, motivate and retain staff through the development of growth plans, coaching, mentoring, teamwork, mutual respect and a high level of professionalism.
- Lead, assist and develop the overall Collegiate-International Events Division. The Collegiate-International Events Division consists of Event Mangers, Senior Event Coordinators and Event Coordinators with various reporting lines. They should be developed in the following areas:
- Assist with Business Development
- Develop client profile analysis model for prospective new business opportunities
- Prepare proposals and contracts
- Implement new events and customers
- Work with Vice President, Event Services, for smooth transition into operations
- Work with clients to identify specific needs and expectations
- Identify and implement specific procedures to assure success
- Communicate details to team members
- Delegate responsibilities where appropriate
- Monitor operations and client relationships
- Manage key client relationships
- Identify further sales and service opportunities
- Presenting event or client information on reports tailored to the specific event or client
- Work with other Senior Managers and Event Managers to develop and implement best practices across event teams
- Approve on-site staff travel arrangements for each event
- Approve per diems for staff travel
- Approve staff expense reports
- Approve staff time-off requests
- Approve or question timesheets and overtime
- Conduct Event Team and Leadership Team meetings on a regular basis
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with Event Managers on a regular basis
- Conduct reviews and provide input on merit increases.
- Review all check requests submitted by Event Team
- Reconcile all AMEX charges made by or for Event Team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Deep and personal commitment to the Core Values of Anthony Travel:
- Treat others as you want to be treated.
- To enrich the lives of everyone we touch (associates, customers and vendors).
- Integrity and Honesty.
- Commitment to mutually beneficial solutions and relationships.
- Fun and healthy environment, attitude, and associates.
- Powerful communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in an upper management position (minimum of 5 years) preferably in the sports and/or travel and hospitality industry
- General business knowledge and experience in oversight of multiple departments
- Flexible with work and travel schedule. Ability to travel for work during holidays.
- A proven track record with successful years of revenue and profit growth
- A proven track record of successful relationship building and maintenance
- Working knowledge of financial statements and forecast/budgets
- Experience in developing marketing and sales plans
- A proven track record of recognizing your employees with energy, enthusiasm and creativity.
- A proven track record of strong personal effectiveness in which you have demonstrated imaginative and distinctive leadership.
- Continually strive for self-development and discovering better means of accomplishing both personal and professional goals.