Sr. Big Data/Analytics Architect
- Mountain View, CA
Mobile apps are fast replacing web applications as the way we buy, share, search, learn and collaborate. Appcelerator® helps companies solve for this new mobile reality: delivering native cross-platform apps at the speed of web, mobilizing any data source, and driving success with real-time analytics – all from an open, cloud- based platform. With the Appcelerator Platform, companies can eliminate point tools to scale mobile across the enterprise, drive innovation by unlocking backend data sources for new app capabilities, and measure the overall usage and success of the entire mobile app portfolio. Appcelerator also provides an award-winning open source mobile development environment, Titanium™. With over 65,000 mobile apps deployed on over 195 million devices, Appcelerator’s solutions are backed by the world’s largest mobile ecosystem, including more than 545,000 mobile developers and hundreds of ISVs and strategic partners, among them Accenture, Cognizant and CSC. More than 70% of Fortune 100 enterprises count on Appcelerator for their mobile success.
If you are in search of an opportunity for a company that fosters innovation and creativity, while delivering cutting edge mobile technologies, then visit jobs.appcelerator.com to learn more about our open positions and submit your resume today.
We have an immediate opening for a talented software architect to work on our backend mobile analytics service. You must have at least five years of experience working with server-side programming, distributed cloud computing, relational and nosql databases, along with knowledge of clustering, scaling, and high availability. This is an opportunity to join one of the hottest, fast-growing startups in the mobile industry!
- Design, develop and maintain a large scale distributed streaming OLTP system
- Design and develop new features and APIs for our existing analytics service
- Identify bottlenecks, failure points and performance characteristics on existing infrastructure
- Design, deploy and maintain the runtime environment of the entire ecosystem
- Review cross-team architectural designs
- Code review and lead junior engineers
- Responsible for some hands-on coding
- Lead a current team of ~5 and continue to grow the team
- Four plus years software development experience with a highly-scalable, distributed, large multi-node environment
- SOA, messaging and cloud architecture experience
- Experience designing and implementing APIs for distributed systems
- Experience working with Amazon EMR, EC2 and S3 are a must
- Experience working with Git and Github
- Experience designing and using real-time exploratory analytics
- Extensive software development experience in Java and at least one scripting language
- Quick learner and a great team player with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work with tough deadlines and challenging problems
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Startup experience and attitude
Appcelerator is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristics.