Lead DevOps Engineer
- Santa Clara, CA
We are a new startup out to change the world of enterprise security, as it’s known. We’re innovating in the cloud and securing applications across web, mobile and wearable computing devices. And while we’re at it – we are bringing big data and cloud security together in way, that’s never been done before. We’re based in Silicon Valley, close to the 49ers new stadium and in the middle of all the action.
Top reasons to join us:
- This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a fast-growing early stage startup and shape the direction of the company
- Strong executive team with proven track record of delivering products. Company funded by blue-chip VC firms
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize applications security in the Cloud
- Opportunity to work in hot technologies: Cloud Services, SaaS applications, multi-tenant security platform, Machine learning and Data Science, Big Data, Security intelligence, and data driven visualization technologies.
- Fun and casual work environment
We are looking for a lead DevOps engineer to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for deployment of a multi-tenant Cloud security system with continuous delivery process integrated into the production system. You will work closely with development team and customers to ensure the service is reliable and available.
You will be exposed to a broad range of technologies. Technologies you will work with are: AWS services; Jenkins, Maven; Java, Python; HTTP/REST; Security services such as OAuth tokens, encryption, security analytics and intelligence; Tomcat, Cassandra, Hadoop, JQuery; Nagios, Performance/Caching; Linux, VM; and numerous other multi-tenant based internal technologies.
- Architect and design a deployment of a highly available Cloud service that will be deployed across multiple data centers.
- Work closely with development team to automate the integration testing, automate the continuous integration of features into production
- Install/configure/deploy services, and systems software with minimum supervision. Identify and resolve system issues proactively.
- Setup automated monitoring system and scripts to monitor system health. Perform daily monitoring and troubleshooting of various systems
- Respond to outages and escalations. Resolve issues through self-research, peer groups, networks, or discussion forums.
- Implement security; backup/recovery of the system
- Automate and optimize on daily basis
- Perform Network/Storage administration, and Server performance management
- Linux system and network administration
- 8+ years hands-on experience in development and Operations. This should include 5+ years of experience in Operations/DevOps.
- Development experience using Java, application security, and Databases
- Operational experience in Linux systems administration and production deployments; Worked in Amazon Web Services
- Proficient in Python and scripting; Experience in building scripts and automation tools
- Experience in working with build systems - Maven, Jenkins; JUnit; and automated system testing
- Demonstrated systematic troubleshooting methods
- Excellent Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong drive to learn new technologies, including commercial and open-source.
- Preferred prior experience: Deployed and managed a production Cloud service that is deployed in Amazon Web Services; Worked with Puppet and Linux
- Preferred experience in designing and implementing SAAS based applications
- Preferred experience in application security, authentication, authorization, encryption, SSL, Active Directory etc technologies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
** Please only LOCAL candidates authorized to work in U.S. **