- New York, NY
WiseBanyan is the first free online financial advisor. Our mission is to help everyone achieve their financial goals, and this starts with investing as early as possible. We are revolutionizing the financial industry and have built a multidisciplinary team bringing together deep financial expertise, data-driven consumer internet capabilities, and world-class design and development knowledge.
Currently, we are looking for a talented Back-End Developer to join our team and help drive our mission. We are product driven and we care about our clients’ overall experience. As a Back-End Developer you will be responsible for helping build the technology behind WiseBanyan. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team working on improving one of the most important parts of people’s live – their finances.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Write code that is high-quality, highly scalable, secure, performant, well-tested and easy to maintain with the ability to take on projects from inception to production
- Take personal responsibility and ownership of the availability and reliability of our service
- Be self-directed, confident, able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Write code in a MVC environment with complex moving parts. We are a small, agile, product-focused team that ships early and often.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on technologies/tools best suited to address our needs
- Lead projects as we branch out into new exciting initiatives and product verticals
The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, consumer focused, self-starter with at least 3 years of hand-on development experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or relevant technical field and at least 3-5 years’ experience and demonstrates deep understanding of computer science principles and technologies
- Possess expertise in PHP, JavaScrip, jQuery in addition to full-stack web development skills (HTML and CSS)
- Strong experience with Java, C, and other coding modailities
- Experience building large-scale, distributed systems software design and development experience, with a strong understanding of scaling, performance, and scheduling
- Disciplined, accountable, team player who creates products that draws oohs and ahhs
- Experience with Java, C++, and other coding modailities
- Experience with version control systems (Git, SVN, Mercurial, etc.)
- Any experience with iOS, Android, or OSX
- The opportunity to build a company with the founding team
- Competitive salary (75K - 100K depending on experience) + stock options – you will have a stake in the future success of WiseBanyan
- Awesome location – heart of Midtown, next to Bryant Park
- Paid vacation days
- Sound like a fit? Join us, dream big, and be part of a company that will change the future of finance
BONUS POINTS: Show us what you do! Include links to things you’ve created and online portfolios