- San Mateo, CA
Argyle Data, is the leader in real-time analytics at network speed and Hadoop scale. It offers solutions for real-time risk and customer 360 analytics for the largest data intensive organizations in mobile communications, financial services and eCommerce such as Vodafone, eBay and other confidential organizations.
The engineering team at Argyle is building the next generation of big data risk applications for massive telecom and financial services customers. We are delivering innovative solutions that include: big data management, distributed sql, machine learning, graph analysis and search.
The Data Scientist/Research Engineer will work with the engineering team to research, prototype, design, build, and maintain the next generation prediction, optimization, and analytics technologies.
We are looking for motivated self-starters and extremely fast learners with top notch problem solving and analytic skills. Must have a strong desire to dig deep into petabytes of data and love to play with the innards of complex algorithms, mathematical constructs and code.
- A Master’s degree or PhD degree in a closely related field (eg: computer science/engineering, optimization) from a top notch university is strongly preferred although MS degree holders with demonstrably exceptional research abilities may be considered
- Solid computing background with a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of computer science, data structures, and algorithms. Significant experience writing code is preferred. Experience writing highly scalable, low-latency, distributed systems is a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning or statistical modeling, optimization, algorithms, big-data
- Excellent communication skills – ability to present and communicate complex ideas in simple terms
- Strong statistical/math/analytical abilities; Exceptional problem solving skills