Continuous Improvement Manager
- Brillion, WI
You were made to lead. No matter which career path you are pursuing, we believe that your ideas and ambition have the potential to make you a leader at Ariens Company.
Ariens Company is a leading manufacturer of outdoor power equipment for both consumer and professional use. For more than 80 years, we’ve given our team members the freedom to create and contribute, providing each employee with the opportunity to truly impact our business. From our heritage of exceptional craftsmanship and superior customer service, to our international distribution network and extensive product lines, we offer unlimited ways for your ideas to take shape and take action.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Ariens Company. Since 1933, we've been known for reliable products and unparalleled customer service. Today, we're expanding our product lines, investing in new technology and increasing our presence in a competitive industry. We're looking for innovative, curious and driven team members that were made to lead, eager to gain hands on experience, solve exciting challenges and see their ideas come to life. By joining our team, you'll have the opportunity to use your unique perspective and creativity to directly impact our business and your career in a fast-paced, high-energy workplace.
Ariens Company currently has an opening for Continuous Improvement Manager to support the Ariens Specialty Brands portfolio of businesses that provide equipment, parts and specialized products to outdoor professionals across the US and Canada. The five brands include: Stens Corporation, Gempler's, AW Direct, Ben Meadows and J Thomas.
This position will lead Supply Chain process transformation and ongoing process improvement initiatives using Lean, Six Sigma, and Project Management subject matter expertise. The distribution network consists of multiple locations. The location that this individual would be assigned as a home is flexible. However, this position requires extensive travel.
This position can be located in Janesville, WI; Jasper, IN; or Madison, WI.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide the knowledge, leadership and experience necessary to lead Supply Chain process improvement, waste elimination, and transformation.
- Properly engage, collaborate and influence all functions in process transformation efforts to ensure the Supply Chain process improvement strategy is understood and sufficiently supported by the appropriate stakeholders.
- Drive standard processes and sharing where it makes sense for the business.
- Establish meaningful metrics and track CI performance. Responsible for the knowledge transfer of Policy Deployment, Performance Management, Problem Solving, and other CI tools to constituents/customers.
- Work with Supply Chain Departments to diagnose the value stream to expose maximum potential value over the strategic plan and support the implementation of customer focused high impact cost saving initiatives.
- Train and share knowledge with Supply Chain teams to enable them to develop business transformation capabilities to sustain new and improved processes.
- Stretch the organization by creating a learning environment/culture, problem solving, envisioning the future state condition, and leading towards fulfillment.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Three to five (3-5) years of applied Continuous Improvement experience working in a distribution environment, including supply chain, pick, pack, shipping and all related office transactions.
- 2 years of experience implementing change using Lean and Six Sigma methods and practices preferred.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams from multiple locations.
- Ability to identify waste in both distribution center and office environments is a must.
- Proficient at using Problem Solving tools, performing root cause analysis, and implementing corrective actions.
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks with continually changing priorities.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred.
- Change management and conflict management skills.
- Strong influencer and communicator.
- Results driven, flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication.
- Travel up to 50% required depending on the priority of the workload.