Carrier Operations - Delivery Specialist
- 24 Hammersmith Grove, Hammersmith, London W6 0NW, UK
Boost your career with Arkadin, one of the largest and fastest-growing companies in Unified Communications & Collaboration Services. Play a vital role in a business whose solutions enable a more connected world and contribute to a greener planet. We’re part of NTT Communications, one of the world’s leading telecommunications groups. With 56 operations centers in 33 countries, your talent will find a place rapidly to grow. Join a company whose people are #ContagiouslyEnthusiastic!
The Voice Delivery Specialist will be a member of the Global Voice Delivery team, which focuses on the provision of telephony services to various Arkadin voice-enabled services. These include conferencing and collaboration platforms and UC services, such as Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams and Cisco Webex, delivered from Arkadin's cloud and public cloud platforms.
The Voice Delivery team is part of Arkadin's global technology organization, and reports into the Director of Voice & Interco Engineering.
In this role, you will prioritise the delivery of telephony services as required. Additionally, you will focus on monitoring and reporting on the financial performance of these telecoms services.
You will work to ensure that telco costs and any savings made are well reflected in reports, databases and carrier invoices.
You will work to improve processes where possible, and ensure knowledge repositories are maintained.
You will assist in projects as they arise and enable the team to adapt to delivering to new products, to changing infrastructure or using new tools.
This is a dynamic team looking for a real team-player who is organised, has an eye for detail and embraces change, as this is a continuously evolving environment.
- Sourcing and reviewing international telephony routes with optimum performance and cost in mind.
- Processing requests received via ordering system (e.g. acquiring numbers from telco suppliers, and connecting services to the collaboration and UC platforms)
- Keeping knowledge repositories and relevant databases up to date, ensuring information for external teams to support and maintain the services is available.
- Capturing and/or creation of documentation for teams to consume so as to ensure customer requests have the best chance of success from the moment they are raised.
- Monitoring/capture of costs and changes made ensuring they are well reflected and validated in reporting.
- Working with internal teams to deliver on projects which can be led by cost optimisation, regulation change, new services or performance enhancement needs.
Key to success
- Working with providers to ensure timely delivery of services and flagging where this is at risk.
- Keeping all tools and databases up to date as soon as updates are provided.
- Becoming well aquainted with all the tools used to ensure good routes are implemented and good reporting can be generated.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the tools and systems used to manage telephony, and contribute to the definition of an improved set of tooling.
- Using business intelligence and analytics tools (SAP Business Objects and Microsoft PowerBI) to create and run reports for analysis of telephony costs and utilisation, identification of trends, and identification of opportunities for cost savings
- Creation of reporting dashboards for monthly reports on telecoms usage and costs
- Contributing to team projects as required.
- Work with team to define and build processes to better report on all telephony costs (both infrastructure, capacity and telephony itself)
Required Skills / Experience
- You will be numerate with experience of handling structured data using some of the following:
- - SQL
- - Access
- - Microsoft PowerBI
- - SAP Business Objects
- Microsoft Office applications for reporting and documenting.
- You will be happy liaising with external providers and internal departments to deliver projects and share knowledge.
- Experience of working to aggressive and changing deadlines.
- Able to work independantly as well as as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- An Analytical thinker with problem solving abilities.
- A desire to keep ahead of new and evolving technologies and an openness to learning new technologies.
- Highly developed deductive reasoning skills with ability to troubleshoot & problem solve
- Eye for detail
- Can do attitude
Desirable skills / experience
- Some exposure/interest in project management methodologies such as Prince2 or service management frameworks such as ITIL.
- Experience of writing documentation e.g. process guides.
- Experience of communicating complex solutions to non-technical project stakeholders.
What Arkadin can offer you:
- Private Health Cover
- Discounted gym membership
- Partner led incentive programs
- Working from home flexibility
- Mobility & opportunity to transfer to global offices
- Engaged work community across departments including an active social scene