- North Little Rock, AR
Arkansas Building Services is a locally owned, full-service janitorial company with their home office in North Little Rock. Since our inception in 2008, we have had significant growth and have developed the reputation of being the best in the industry. That’s why leading companies such as Comcast Communications, First Security Bank, and Delta Dental of Arkansas trust ABS as their facility service partner.
- The Area Supervisor may assist in or perform interviews and hiring
- The Area Supervisor is a part-time or full-time person responsible with the supervision of several accounts in a certain area
- The Area Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the accounts are cleaned according to contract specifications. He or she supervises the cleaning crews.
- The Area Supervisor may conducts the orientation and training, and counsels and disciplines subordinates; orders and receives supplies and sends equipment for repair (or repairs on site) as needed.
- He or she may perform customer relations and site inspections.
- The Area Supervisor is responsible for scheduling crews as needed to ensure call-ins and open positions are covered. He or she may fill in for these vacancies as needed.
- Is subject to 24-Hour On-Call responsibilities
- Orders, Maintains and delivers supplies and equipment. Keeps track of cleaning chemicals and supplies used and ensures that sufficient items are on hand to properly clean the building.
- Safeguards and is accountable for all equipment, tools, and supplies.
- Inspects janitorial accounts ensuring they are being cleaned to contract specifications.
- Inspects janitorial closets for compliance with company and safety standards.
- Ensure all cleaners are present nightly
- Fills in for absent cleaners
- Performs special tasks such as stripping and refinishing floors, carpet care, light bulb relamping, etc. as needed.
- Administers personnel policies in accordance the Arkansas Building Services Employment Policies and Procedures
- Assists in training new supervisors/lead people
- Performs training and orientates new employees to their building or job.
- Maintains equipment. Picks up equipment needing repairs, brings it to the office and returns it to the accounts when repaired. May also repair equipment on-site.
- Actively participates in safety training, company meetings, etc.
- Completes paper work as needed in timely fashion: nightly supervisor report, absence reports, inspection reports, and other reports as required
- Review timekeeping and budget reports for accuracy
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in facility maintenance (janitorial) operations.
- Minimum 1 year experience of management experience in any capacity.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Professional communications style; both written and oral
- Customer relations is a part of the Area Supervisor’s position
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.