- Tustin, CA
Who doesn’t love being outside! Say goodbye to the office and hello to working outside in our beautiful garden centers. Armstrong Garden Centers provides a unique opportunity to work outside, experience nature at its finest and work alongside the greatest customers around.
While you are loving your job and working outside you will automatically become an owner of Armstrong with our employee stock ownership plan. After a great career with a wonderful company you will be able to make your retirement years more comfortable with the stock you were given for being an employee without anything being deducted from your paycheck.
Whether you’re an experienced sales professional, retail manager, hobby gardener or looking for an internship, Armstrong Garden Centers has a place for you. With a diverse array of locations throughout California and a number of unique positions, Armstrong Garden Centers offers the opportunities for growth and development unlike any other.
This full time position combines both on the job and classroom training in preparation for an Assistant Store Manager position. Our manager trainee candidates work alongside an existing seasoned management team and serve as an integral success to the overall performance of the store and company. Manager trainees participate in sales, customer service and management tasks.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist Garden Center management in all facets of Garden Center operations
2. Associate scheduling and training
3. Ordering materials
4. Inventory control
5. Cash reports
7. Garden Center maintenance, displays, product layout, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Customer service and sales
2. Garden Center maintenance
3. Merchandising and display
4. Associate training and scheduling
5. Product knowledge talks
6. Learn operations of cash systems, deposits, overnights, paid-outs, cash reports, etc.
7. Opening and closing procedures
8. Know Company policy and procedures
9. Follow safe work practices and report any unsafe working conditions to management
10. All other duties as required by management
Previous management or supervisory experience
Exceptional customer service skills
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Management Job Fair/Interviews: Thursday, July 11th 10am-2pm
Embassy Suites 1325 E Dyer Rd Santa Ana, CA 92705
Previous management experience (3-5 years) and/or bachelors degree in Business or Horticulture is required!