Sr. Hadoop Data Engineer
- Hillsboro, OR, Hillsboro, OR, us
The Aroghia Group is a nationwide information technology firm that provides cutting-edge IT services, solutions, and staff placements for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals through innovation, collaboration, and deep expertise.
As a Senior Hadoop Data Engineer with our leading retail sportswear client, you will work with a variety of talented teammates and be a driving force for building first-class solutions, working on development projects related to supply chain, commerce, consumer behavior, and web analytics, among others. Please note this position is for W2 candidates only and we cannot do C2C.
• Evaluate, extract/transform data for analytic purpose within the context of Bigdata environment.
• Responsible for using Hive and spark for data warehouse applications to maintain large datasets in AWS S3 and decide on engineering tools based on recommendations.
• Contribute to ETL and aggregate design.
• Design and develop spark scripts to gather data insights as per business requirements and collaborate with other teams on integration needs/design.
• Facilitate or performs application support, problem solving, and issue resolution with internal and external resources. Contributes and reviews recommendations for technical solutions.
• Resolve big data issues and determine options for issue resolution and risk mitigation.
• Ensure to use components such as sqoop, hive, spark for development. use open source tools such as Airflow, Genie, EMR and Cloudera Hadoop distribution for the tasks assigned.
• Review and approve performance test results, recommendations, and tuning results. Oversee and is responsible for the creation of test plans, test execution, and validation of test results.
• Responsible for EMR Cluster creation, administration, sizing and configuration; development and unit testing on Hadoop and AWS ecosystem; automation and monitoring of the ETL process and applications.
• 5+ years of work experience in Data Warehouse/ BI environment.
• 2+ years of experience working with Hadoop, Hive, Spark
• Solid understanding of general BI and ETL concepts.
• Expert level experience in SQL.
• Working knowledge in Unix/ Linux environments. Shell scripting.
• Experience with Python.
• Familiar with AWS technologies like S3, EMR.
• Familiar with Airflow.
• Understanding and familiarity with visualization tools like Tableau.
Aroghia Group provides top market compensation and a great company culture. Please provide your resume, LinkedIn profile address, and phone number when applying. Aroghia Group has established a solid reputation in the marketplace by providing our employees with outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth. Some additional benefits include (but are not limited to):
- We are a preferred IT vendor for top-notch companies in a wide range of industries across the U.S.
- Aroghia offers various compensation structures (hourly, salary) based on qualifications and market demand.
- We provide continuous training and development to ensure our team remains at the forefront of technological advancements.
Open Positions: aroghia.com/careers