DevOps Enablement Engineer
- Hillsboro, OR, USA
The Aroghia Group is a nationwide information technology firm that provides cutting-edge IT services, solutions, and staff placements for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals through innovation, collaboration, and deep expertise.
This is a hands-on coding and leadership position. We are looking for someone who can build custom systems from the ground-up as well as make code modifications to existing systems like Jenkins and Kubernetes. Application Development, Sysadmin, and Cloud architecture skills are a must.
1. Guide / consult teams toward a modern, efficient, safe, agile/DevOps delivery model
2. Become a feedback mechanism to other supporting teams in an effort to enhance enabling tools/process offerings
3. Create enabling product & engagement processes for communities of practice via boots-on-the-ground findings during consultations
4. Help teams transform how they organize and develop code, and measure success of those transformations
What you’ll do:
• Master our development pipelines: From differing developer environments, to build automation in the cloud, to product containerization and release
• Become a go-to resource for how our services work together and align with the Enterprise strategies
• Advise/consult with teams on DevOps / engineering / cloud best practices
• Build tools to support DevOps / engineering enablement
• Support engineering teams with day-to-day deploy, sysadmin issues, and coding
• Maintain security best practices in DevOps processes and code
• Apply your solid understanding of Modern Application design principles to assist teams in
o Team organization
o Tailored communication and leadership
o 12 factor app
o XP / pair programming
o Domain Driven Design (DDD)
o Practical application of SOLID / OOD
o T/M resource shaping
o Ephemeral cloud orchestration
o Release Automation
• Provide technical software expertise in the areas of software planning, software architecture and iterative design.
• Actively discover and align relationships in processes, tools, and team to ensure strategic practical alignment and reduce duplication of efforts
• Regularly Interface and meet with customers to gather requirements and plan future activities
• Collate root-cause analysis from embedded team experience, and propose mitigation action plans
• Analyze processes and initiate reactive and proactive mortems on DevOps enabled processes
What we’re looking for in you:
• 4+ years in an engineering role; 2+ in engineering lead role
• Deep understanding of AWS service offering for DevOps and solution enablement is a must
• Experienced in container technologies (Docker) and cluster managers like Docker swarm, Kubernetes, EKS, ECS, etc.
• Experience in configuration management and cloud resource automation tools like Ansible and Terraform (Experience in writing customized module is a plus)
• Expertise with Linux Administration, Git, Docker, AWS, Jenkins, and Agile planning tools (VersionOne is a plus)
• Interpreted language scripting (e.g., NodeJS, Ruby, Python, etc.) experience is a plus
• A talent for debugging issues across the stack, from application code to host-level problems
• Personal skills to lead/influence a small team of smart engineers
• Passionate about developing tools and automation frameworks to make the life of all engineers easier
• Comfortable with programming (experience in interpreted languages for automation is a must) and shell scripting (Bash 4.x is a plus).
• Fluent with Linux like environments
• Experienced in debugging and troubleshooting applications that are running in production
Aroghia Group provides top market compensation, H1B transfers, Green Card processing, and a great company culture. Please provide your resume, LinkedIn profile address, and phone number when applying.
Aroghia Group has established a solid reputation in the marketplace by providing our employees with outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth. Some additional benefits include (but are not limited to):
- We are a preferred IT vendor for top-notch companies in a wide range of industries across the U.S.
- Aroghia offers various compensation structures (hourly, salary) based on qualifications and market demand.
- We provide continuous training and development to ensure our team remains at the forefront of technological advancements.
Open Positions: http://aroghia.com/careers