Sr. Data Science Platform Engineer
- Beaverton, OR, USA
The Aroghia Group is a nationwide information technology firm that provides cutting-edge IT services, solutions, and staff placements for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals through innovation, collaboration, and deep expertise.
Our leading retail sportswear client is looking for a Sr. Data Science Platform Engineer! Primary reponsibilities include:
• Work to develop and/or implement platforms to enable our Data Science Community to develop, create and deploy machine learning capabilities.
• End to end hands-on ownership of machine learning platforms deployable across various Cloud providers – including data pipelines, model generation, training and inference engines
• Evaluate new AI Frameworks for possible long-term platform approaches.
• Conduct Proof of Concept (POC) projects designed to evaluate the feasibility of new data science open source projects, vendor supplied machine learning and/or AI platforms
• Work with Data Science Community to anticipate platform needs required to support algorithm development, model management, data engineering and model serving
• Facilitate deep technical discussions with end-users and partners
• Provide customer feedback to product and engineering teams to help define product direction.
• Provide domain expertise public cloud and enterprise technology
• Advance open source development practices with the engineering team through participation in architecture, technical design and code reviews
• 5+ years of designing and developing backend systems in a professional work environment.
• 5+ years working with OO and functional programming languages, such as Scala, Java and/or Python.
• 4+ years of data management experience (structure & databases, process data streams, ETLs).
• 3+ years of experience working with SQL, NoSQL, graph and unstructured databases.
• 2+ years of expertise in security, scaling, and load balancing.
• 1+ years delivering solutions that run in Cloud Service Providers
• Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, AWS technologies, Linux development platform
• Experience using one or more open source machine learning frameworks such as of TensorFlow, KubeFlow, PyTorch is a plus
• Experience leading the design, implementation, and operation of distributed software systems
• Experience communicating with users and stakeholders to collect requirements, present and review technical designs
• Development experience with Go programming and/or C/C++/Java, Python
• Experience with Windows as a development platform is a plus, but not required
• Experience with source code control systems like GIT, Subversion.
• Experience using DevOps tools, like Chef, Jenkins, Circle CI, Puppet, Ansible, Cloud Formation Templates, Terraform, Docker etc.
• Experience working with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
• Experience developing and using RESTful APIs (preferably micro services)
• Knowledgeable about machine learning (concepts and application)
• Experience or exposure to Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
• Solid knowledge of secure coding practices and experience with open source technologies.
Aroghia Group provides top market compensation and a great company culture. Please provide your resume, LinkedIn profile address, and phone number when applying. We have established a solid reputation in the marketplace by providing our employees with outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth. Some additional benefits include (but are not limited to):
- We are a preferred IT vendor for top-notch companies in a wide range of industries across the U.S.
- We offer various compensation structures (hourly, salary) based on qualifications and market demand.
- We provide continuous training and development to ensure our team remains at the forefront of technological advancements.
Open Positions: http://aroghia.com/careers