Sr. Platform Software Engineer
- Beaverton, OR, USA
The Aroghia Group is a nationwide information technology firm that provides cutting-edge IT services, solutions, and staff placements for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals through innovation, collaboration, and deep expertise.
As a Sr. Platform Engineer for our retail sportswear client, you will:
• Design and build micro-services in Java and Scala to be part of the Retail platform
• Design and build highly available and highly performant NoSQL persistence layers leveraging DynamoDB, Redis, etc.
• Review and give feedback on technical designs, code and tests to ensure best practices and being followed
• Harness DevOps skills to improve unifying software development, operations and stability
• Profile and performance tune to enhance the platform and provide visibility into system limits and scaling needs
• Establishing and maintain collaborative partnerships with architects and other teams to provide and receive insight into solution and implementation approaches
• Test through automation to ensure code and functional quality of the platform
REQUIRED experience for this roll:
• Minimum of 5 years of directly relevant work experience as a software engineer
• Minimum of 3 years of experience building scalable, highly available, distributed Java RESTful APIs
• Minimum of 1 year of experience building scalable, highly available, distributed Scala RESTful APIs
• Experience writing automated tests using JUnit, ScalaTest, Cucumber, Spock and Specs
• Experience using Functional Reactive Programming
• Experience with the Akka libraries, HTTP is a must
• Experience with applications hosted in Amazon Web Services
• Experience using Amazon Web Services: CloudFormation, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, EMR, ElasticCache and Elasticsearch
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant fields
• Excellent collaboration, analysis, written and oral communication skills
• Strong working knowledge of basic computer science data structures and algorithms, NoSQL databases, Inversion of Control (IoC) and other common patterns and practices gained with experience in the above requirements
Aroghia Group provides top market compensation and a great company culture. Please provide your resume, LinkedIn profile address, and phone number when applying.
Aroghia Group has established a solid reputation in the marketplace by providing our employees with outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth. Some additional benefits include (but are not limited to):
- We are a preferred IT vendor for top-notch companies in a wide range of industries across the U.S.
- Aroghia offers various compensation structures (hourly, salary) based on qualifications and market demand.
- We provide continuous training and development to ensure our team remains at the forefront of technological advancements.
Open Positions: http://aroghia.com/careers