Full-Stack Web/API Developer
- Hillsboro, OR, USA
The Aroghia Group is a nationwide information technology firm that provides cutting-edge IT services, solutions, and staff placements for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals through innovation, collaboration, and deep expertise.
Our leading retail sportswear client is looking for a Full Stack Web / API Developer!
• You will design and build web services and event processors using AWS and JVM technologies.
• Must have a wide spectrum of knowledge about database paradigms, programming languages, and frameworks inform your decisions.
• You understand scalable, highly available, and eventually consistent distributed systems.
• You have excellent written and oral communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Our production code is usually written for the JVM, mostly in Java/Scala, and deployed on EC2. The architecture is highly distributed and decoupled, favoring availability over consistency.
• We operate the systems we develop and have a rotating on-call schedule for off-hours contact but during office hours.
• We practice continuous delivery - every merged pull request goes directly to production with appropriate feature flagging.
• Our automation is typically scripted in python or ruby with AWS CloudFormation as the backbone of our deployment architecture.
• Successfully operate within our engineering environment and help it evolve over time.
• Review your peers’ technical designs, code, and tests, giving supportive feedback and asking good questions.
• Work in a collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity, and mentoring.
• Lead technical planning, estimation, and design sessions, monitor the overall technical progress of the project and actively plan for upcoming deliverables, profile and performance tuning your work to ensure we deliver the efficient and optimized service experience
• Use your database knowledge to design data storage for security, reliability, availability, maintainability, and performance.
• Deliver solutions using scalable, resilient, cloud-native patterns
• Practice DevOps ensuring a culture of testing and releasing software on AWS continuously using automation and monitoring.
• Partner with other engineering and product teams to loosely couple the service ecosystem and scalable.
• Work with teams dedicated to mobile development, physiological science, and user experience.
• This team addresses complex problems using uncommon technology and methods. However, if you have the foundational knowledge and the drive to learn the above, we are here to support you in reaching that goal.
• 5-7 years of software development experience
• Work in a highly collaborative environment where you’ll be able to share ideas with other engineers, architects, product managers, and business stakeholders
• Deploy and support services in a distributed/cloud-based environment
• Work in a micro services architecture, use domain driven design and implement RESTful services using languages such as Java, Node.js or Scala
• Experience with NoSQL stores like Dynamo DB
• Work with AWS technologies like Elasticsearch, Kinesis, AWS Lambda, Redis, Redshift, EC2, DynamoDB and S3
• Continuously integrate, write unit tests, perform static code analysis, create automated integration and performance tests
• Work in an agile environment and scrum team
• DevOps for solutions
• Participating in on-call support for applications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.