Sr. Quality Engineer - Mobile
- Beaverton, OR, USA
The Aroghia Group is a nationwide information technology firm that provides cutting-edge IT services, solutions, and staff placements for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals through innovation, collaboration, and deep expertise.
As a Quality Engineer on our retail sportswear client’s Digital Mobile Quality team, you’ll find yourself immersed in fast-paced projects crossing a wide range of technologies and experiences. You will need to take a strong, consumer-focused view of every deliverable and, through collaboration, be responsible for consistent and reliable delivery of awesome software solutions.
You’ll focus on defining test coverage, developing test plans, creating and maintaining test cases, executing functional and performance tests, evaluating and reporting on the quality of existing technologies and new features in our client’s rapidly evolving ecosystem. You’ll need to be flexible and adaptable because our world changes daily; you will spend most of your time embedded on a small, strike force team solving a business problem, but you’ll also bring great experience and motivation to the whole quality organization. You will be passionately pragmatic, sincerely savvy and a world-class diplomat capable of negotiation, reinvention, and smart compromise.
You may also be required to:
• Engage Product, Program, Engineering, and Design teams to design test strategies, influence unit and integration testing conducted by engineering teams, and compose test plans for automated, manual, and performance tests executed by Quality teams for targeted mobile experiences
• Develop, modify, apply, and maintain standards for software quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures
• Conduct software inspection, testing, verification, and validation which results in the reduction of defects released into production, improves app store ratings, and enhances consumer experience
• Train and motivate teams of peers, engineers, or others to execute on the test plans and strategies that you define
• Review software design, change specifications, and plans against process requirements
• Support Site Reliability and engineering teams with problem triage and resolution
• Perform or direct verification of software requirement allocations, traceability, and testability
• Participate in bug scrubs and prioritization sessions
• Develop metrics and reports to share with cross-functional teams and leadership
• Regularly update peers, stakeholders, and leaders on goals, key performance indicators, and outcomes
• 3-5 years of professional work experience in a software QA engineer role
• Experience with iOS and Android native mobile apps
• Excellent knowledge of mobile software QA processes and methodologies
• Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle, including experience working in an Agile development environment
• Excellent knowledge of software testing methodologies and debugging tools, including Charles Proxy, Xcode, Android Studio, ADB, Logcat
• Experience in developing test plans, assessing risk, writing defects, and providing relevant data for test reporting
• Knowledge of test automation and performance testing on mobile platforms
• Experience with Jira, bit bucket, and confluence would be great to have
• Exposure to a “pixel perfect” brand-focused organization is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, or equivalent experience
Aroghia Group provides top market compensation and a great company culture. Please provide your resume, LinkedIn profile address, and phone number when applying. We have established a solid reputation in the marketplace by providing our employees with outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth. Some additional benefits include (but are not limited to):
- We are a preferred IT vendor for top-notch companies in a wide range of industries across the U.S.
- We offer various compensation structures (hourly, salary) based on qualifications and market demand.
- We provide continuous training and development to ensure our team remains at the forefront of technological advancements.
Open Positions: http://aroghia.com/careers