Sr. Hadoop/Spark Engineer for Global Sportswear brand, no C2C only W2.
- Hillsboro, OR, USA
The Aroghia Group is a nationwide information technology firm that provides cutting-edge IT services, solutions, and staff placements for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals through innovation, collaboration, and deep expertise.
As a Senior Data Engineer for our leading retail sportswear client, you will work with a variety of talented teammates and be a driving force for building first-class solutions, working on development projects related to supply chain, commerce, consumer behavior and web analytics among others.
• Design and implement features in collaboration with product owners, data analysts, and business partners using Agile / Scrum methodology
• Contribute to overall architecture, frameworks and patterns for processing and storing large data volumes
• Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Python, and other tools and languages prevalent in the Hadoop ecosystem
• Build utilities, user defined functions, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns
• Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around high-volume data processing
• Define and apply appropriate data acquisition and consumption strategies for given technical scenarios• Build and incorporate automated unit tests and participate in integration testing efforts
• Work with architecture/engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implemented, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to
• Work across teams to resolve operational and performance issues
• MS/BS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
• 4+ years of experience in large-scale software development, 2+ years of big data experience
• Strong programming experience, Python preferred
• Extensive experience working with Hadoop and related processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, Sqoop, etc.
• Experience with RDBMS systems, SQL and SQL Analytical functions
• Experience with workflow orchestration tools like Apache Airflow
• Experience with performance and scalability tuning
Nice to have:
• Experience with Scala or Java
• Experience working in a public cloud environment, particularly AWS
• Familiarity with cloud warehouse tools like Snowflake
• Experience with messaging/streaming/complex event processing tooling and frameworks such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Flink, Nifi, etc
• Experience working with NoSQL data stores such as HBase, DynamoDB, etc.
• Experience building RESTful API’s to enable data consumption
• Familiarity with build tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation and automation tools such as Jenkins or Circle CI
• Familiarity with practices like Continuous Development, Continuous Integration and Automated Testing
• Experience in Agile/Scrum application development
Please note this opportunity is for W2 candidates only; no C2C.
For fastest consideration, please paste the JD into a word document, highlight all the relevant skills and technologies you possess, and attach it to your application.
Aroghia Group provides top market compensation and a great company culture. Please provide your resume, LinkedIn profile address, and phone number when applying. We have established a solid reputation in the marketplace by providing our employees with outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth. Some additional benefits include (but are not limited to):
- We are a preferred IT vendor for top-notch companies in a wide range of industries across the U.S.
- We offer various compensation structures (hourly, salary) based on qualifications and market demand.
- We provide continuous training and development to ensure our team remains at the forefront of technological advancements.
Open Positions: http://aroghia.com/careers