Sr. Data Engineer
- Hillsboro, OR, USA
The Aroghia Group is a nationwide information technology firm that provides cutting-edge IT services, solutions, and staff placements for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals through innovation, collaboration, and deep expertise.
• Most development will be in the enterprise warehouse or Spark (generally through SparkSQL), so strong SQL skills are required, but additional file integration of Excel docs, Avro or Parquet files, etc, will also be in scope, so general familiarity with Python is required.
• Academic understanding of ETL best practices as applied across batch and real-time integration and ingestion of data is important.
• The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of best practices related to the operationalization of applied statistics / machine learning models in a cloud-native, distributed environment so that they can run efficiently and at scale.
• Strong communication is (as always) critical, as the data engineer’s primary responsibility will be to take input from Analysts and Product Owners to quickly understand and implement requirements.
• This team is highly cross-functional, and business and technology are closely integrated. Engineers are co-located with the business, and e try to live and breathe the Agile process, so experience with the stand-up/sprint cadence and a culture of iterative development is desirable.
• Familiarity with best practices around code promotion, integrated testing, and CI/CD is useful.
• Candidate should be comfortable quickly responding and pivoting to meet shifting business needs, working closely to ensure that turnaround time of requests is handled as quickly as possible, and receiving and incorporating feedback.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a software-related field
• 3-5 years’ experience developing in a large enterprise environment
• 2+ years SQL development
• 2+ years Python development
• 2+ years ETL development (Informatica, Matillion, SSIS, etc) is acceptable, but non-graphical/code-centric experience is preferred
• CI/CD and integrated testing experience is highly desirable.
• Apache Airflow experience is a bonus
• Agile methodology experience is a bonus
Please note this opportunity is for W2 candidates only; no C2C.
For fastest consideration, please paste the JD into a word document, highlight all the relevant skills and technologies you possess, and attach it to your application.
Aroghia Group provides top market compensation and a great company culture. Please provide your resume, LinkedIn profile address, and phone number when applying. We have established a solid reputation in the marketplace by providing our employees with outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth. Some additional benefits include (but are not limited to):
- We are a preferred IT vendor for top-notch companies in a wide range of industries across the U.S.
- We offer various compensation structures (hourly, salary) based on qualifications and market demand.
- We provide continuous training and development to ensure our team remains at the forefront of technological advancements.
Open Positions: http://aroghia.com/careers