Associate Product Owner, Retail Commerce
- Beaverton, OR, USA
The Aroghia Group is a nationwide information technology firm that provides cutting-edge IT services, solutions, and staff placements for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals through innovation, collaboration, and deep expertise.
As a Retail Commerce Product Owner for our leading retail sportswear client, you will be part of fast-paced engineering teams, representing the view of the customer. In this role, you will be responsible for defining product and service features, and prioritizing delivery in line with their business value. You must possess an understanding of business objectives and be able to quantify value and risks. A strong technical background is required to produce concrete Product features and subsequent roadmap while collaborating closely with engineering to drive implementation.
· Develops partnerships and works closely with business team members to understand and document day in the life and usability requirements through storyboards, wireframes, user interface specifications and other documentation.
· Proactively maintains a backlog that reflects the priority of work and has enough ready items for development.
· Owns the final authority on the priority of work, business value, and product functionality.
· Predefines acceptance criteria and accepts completed development work.
· Participates fully in product demonstrations, retrospectives, product councils and other agile forums of communication.
· Monitors progress and makes constant adjustments based on larger strategic objectives.
· Weighs in on competing demands for capabilities and makes appropriate product decisions.
· Makes rapid tactical development decisions as they impact functionality or usability.
· Collaborates daily with the delivery team and resolves product questions expeditiously.
· Creates integration context diagrams and associated systems process models to aid in clarity
· Creates and maintains paper prototypes, User Interface (UI) storyboards and UI specifications by working closely with functional analysts and Business team members
· Defines test scenarios based on business processes and may participate in integration testing when needed
· Conducts usability User Acceptance Tests (UAT) with business teams.
· Drives decisions by working with remote groups (i.e. other vendors, other client facilities or departments) to gather and document strategic and tactical requirements from the business.
· Coordinates and communicates functional requirements of business unit and technical solutions with IT capability resources by designing and documenting advanced functional specs.
· Communicates critical, high-risk, advanced and/or cross-functional technical design and solutions to executive management inside and outside the organization.
· Communicate project status to management and the business.
· Oversees and performs complex testing activities including validation of test results.
· Brings together the interests of the business, the customer, and the delivery team.
· Maintains and updates the roadmap at the end of each planning event, at the time when the program commits to the objectives for the next release
· 5+ years' experience in a similar/complementary role
· Experience managing highly visible projects with Agile project management principles and practices.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and numerous customers and stakeholders with various requirements
· Ability to prioritize work, clarify requirements, and drive user stories to acceptance throughout the Agile software development lifecycle.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
· Excellent presentation skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· The ability to establish credibility and influence within the internal organization
· Degree in Computer Science, engineering/related field or equivalent experienc
Please note this opportunity is for W2 candidates only; no C2C.
For fastest consideration, please paste the JD into a word document, highlight all the relevant skills and technologies you possess, and attach it to your application.
Aroghia Group provides top market compensation and a great company culture. Please provide your resume, LinkedIn profile address, and phone number when applying. We have established a solid reputation in the marketplace by providing our employees with outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth. Some additional benefits include (but are not limited to):
- We are a preferred IT vendor for top-notch companies in a wide range of industries across the U.S.
- We offer various compensation structures (hourly, salary) based on qualifications and market demand.
- We provide continuous training and development to ensure our team remains at the forefront of technological advancements.
Open Positions: http://aroghia.com/careers