Operational Intelligence Tools Engineer
- Beaverton, OR, USA
The Aroghia Group is a nationwide information technology firm that provides cutting-edge IT services, solutions, and staff placements for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals through innovation, collaboration, and deep expertise. This role will focus on supporting one of our top clients with a direct placement solution here locally.
Our client, the global leading retail sportswear company, is looking for an Operational Intelligence Tools Engineer, you’ll work with a variety of talented teammates and serve asa driving force for performance, providing intelligent proactive monitoring tools to ensure end-to-end insight to mission critical applications for all teams.
Serve in the role of technical subject matter expert, refining existing functional requirements for monitoring and event management tools and participate in the development of an integrated monitoring/event management tooling strategy and architecture.
- Responsible for the definition and delivery of activities on the monitoring roadmap.
- Collaborate with network operations & engineering teams, application developers, management and infrastructure teams to assess near- and long-term monitoring needs.
- Assist with improving the standards of the consumer experience by providing metric visibility into a system’s performance.
- Share your monitoring expertise to enable & support groups that require performance and troubleshooting guidance.
- Participate in design documentation of monitoring related solutions.
- Plan, engineer, and implement robust and cost-effective computing environments.
- Participate in process development with customers and service providers.
- Effectively communicate tool capabilities and processes to varying stakeholders.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with implementation, operations, maintenance of IT systems and/or administration of software functions in multi-platform and multi-system environments.
- Extensive experience working on mid to large scale projects across cross-functional teams and communicate requirements and status to stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of monitoring protocols i.e.: SNMP(MIBs), Syslog, Netflow, etc
- Experience implementing and delivering monitoring solutions in development, QA, and Production environments.
- Strong experience with administration of network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, ExtraHop, NetScout, etc. (should be worded to cover “SME” role)
- Solid foundational knowledge of OSI model.
- Foundational knowledge of and some experience with network devices, such as firewalls, routers, switches, and load balancers.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with Linux and Windows Server Administration
- Minimum of 3-5 years of managing mid to large scale projects across cross-functional teams.
- Experience with monitoring solutions and methodologies including server and network performance, hardware, web synthetics, and application performance monitoring a plus.
- Architecture (Scalability, Failover Disaster Recovery), Engineering, Support and Maintenance of Monitoring Infrastructure and Monitoring Tools
- Experience working in a network operations environment, high degree of familiarity with technology such as firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, etc.
- CCNA certification or similar.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, including but not limited to queries, joins, custom jobs, etc
- Solid foundation in computer and operating systems, understanding performance metrics, statistical calculations, systems troubleshooting, runbook automation.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with management and all teams involved in the operational or development process.
Please note this opportunity is for W2 candidates only; no C2C.
For fastest consideration, please paste the JD into a word document, highlight all the relevant skills and technologies you possess, and attach it to your application.
Aroghia Group provides top market compensation and a great company culture. Please provide your resume, LinkedIn profile address, and phone number when applying. We have established a solid reputation in the marketplace by providing our employees with outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth. Some additional benefits include (but are not limited to):
- We are a preferred IT vendor for top-notch companies in a wide range of industries across the U.S.
- We offer various compensation structures (hourly, salary) based on qualifications and market demand.
- We provide continuous training and development to ensure our team remains at the forefront of technological advancements.
Open Positions: http://aroghia.com/careers