Lead Data Engineer
- Hillsboro, OR, USA
The Aroghia Group is a nationwide information technology firm that provides cutting-edge IT services, solutions, and staff placements for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals through innovation, collaboration, and deep expertise.
Our leading sports retail client is looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join their team.
• Most development will be in the enterprise warehouse or Spark (generally through SparkSQL), so strong SQL skills are required, but additional file integration of Excel docs, Avro or Parquet files, etc, will also be in scope, so general familiarity with Python is required. Academic understanding of ETL best practices as applied across batch and real-time integration and ingestion of data is important. The best candidate will have deep knowledge of best practices related to the operationalization of applied statistics / machine learning models in a cloud-native, distributed environment so that they can run efficiently and at scale. Strong communication is (as always) critical, as the data engineer’s primary responsibility will be to take input from Analysts and Product Owners to quickly understand and implement requirements.
• The GPMA team is highly cross-functional, and business and technology are closely integrated. Engineers are co-located with the business, and we try to live and breathe the Agile process, so experience with the stand-up/sprint cadence and a culture of iterative development is desirable. One of the core benefits the engineering team offers the business is a stable SDLC (so business analysts aren’t directly changing production objects), as well, so familiarity with best practices around code promotion, integrated testing, and CI/CD is useful.
• Beyond adherence to best practices, the lead’s responsibilities will be to help push forward the team’s thinking; the best candidate will have a pragmatic understanding of what can be done today given skill and resource limitations, balanced against a clear understanding and ability to demonstrate what can be done through selective application of advanced analytical models. Some experience developing and scaling applied statistical / ML models (ideally through Keras and Tensorflow/MXNet) is a key skill. Similarly, you will ideally provide guidance in the operations space, as well – we primarily work with AWS and the best candidates will have hands-on experience with the platform. All team members should be comfortable quickly responding and pivoting to meet shifting business needs, working closely to ensure that turnaround time of requests is handled as quickly as possible, and receiving and incorporating feedback. Our goal is to serve our business fast, course correct, and iterate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a software-related field
• 3-5 years experience developing in a large enterprise environment
• 4+ years SQL development
• 4+ years Python development
• 2+ years ETL development (Informatica, Matillion, SSIS, etc is acceptable, but non-graphical/code-centric experience is preferred)
• Hands-on experience developing and scaling applied statistics / machine learning models is strongly preferred
• CI/CD and integrated testing experience is highly desirable.
• Apache Airflow experience is a bonus• Agile methodology experience is a bonus (edited)
Please note this opportunity is for W2 candidates only; no C2C.
For fastest consideration, please paste the JD into a word document, highlight all the relevant skills and technologies you possess, and attach it to your application.
Aroghia Group provides top market compensation and a great company culture. Please provide your resume, LinkedIn profile address, and phone number when applying. We have established a solid reputation in the marketplace by providing our employees with outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth. Some additional benefits include (but are not limited to):
- We are a preferred IT vendor for top-notch companies in a wide range of industries across the U.S.
- We offer various compensation structures (hourly, salary) based on qualifications and market demand.
- We provide continuous training and development to ensure our team remains at the forefront of technological advancements.
Open Positions: http://aroghia.com/careers