- Hillsboro, OR, USA
The Aroghia Group is a nationwide information technology firm that provides cutting-edge IT services, solutions, and staff placements for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals through innovation, collaboration, and deep expertise.
Our leading retail sportswear client is looking for a data modeler! As a data modeler, you will
- Partner with information architecture to build logical/canonical and physical data models aligned with conceptual data models
- Work with product teams/business to define data sources by partnering with information and enterprise architecture.
- Work with product teams/business to define Key Performance Indicators and supporting data attributes and business rules
- Work with Product team to ensure data meets business requirements
- Analyze existing data stores and interfaces to support current state and future data models
- Work with development teams to create physical data designs and business rule implementation
- Partner with enterprise data management and strategy on business glossary implementation, data governance and stewardship
- Work with report developers to align dataset design with report design
- Partner with information architect on naming standards
- Provide data consistency across multiple scrum teams within a capability
- Facilitate requirements elicitation and modeling sessions including use of interview, document analysis, workshops etc.
- Provide guidance and partner with project management, development and data quality teams by applying knowledge of data design
- Assist with the development and enforcement of data modeling standards
- Participate in data definition and data management reviews
- Partner with engineering in test planning activities, especially in data integration projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working in technology, preferably in BI and Analytics
- 3+ years of experience in Data Modeling and design
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis, business analysis or system analysis
- Experience using ERwin or other similar modeling tool
- Strong knowledge of Relational and Dimensional data modeling concepts
- Proficient in BI concepts around database design, implementation and maintenance
- Strong SQL skills including DDL and DML
- Experience with big data and cloud preferred
- Experience with supporting non-functional data standards and guidelines, such as security, partitioning, performance tuning, etc.
- Experience with data integration, data APIs, data warehousing and analytics platforms
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology requirements and data modeling conversations with all stakeholders (management, business and technical staff)
Please note this opportunity is for W2 candidates only; no C2C.
For fastest consideration, please paste the JD into a word document, highlight all the relevant skills and technologies you possess, and attach it to your application.
Aroghia Group provides top market compensation, H1-B transfers, GC processing, and a great company culture. Please provide your resume, LinkedIn profile address, and phone number when applying. We have established a solid reputation in the marketplace by providing our employees with outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth. Some additional benefits include (but are not limited to):
- We are a preferred IT vendor for top-notch companies in a wide range of industries across the U.S.
- We offer various compensation structures (hourly, salary) based on qualifications and market demand.
- We provide continuous training and development to ensure our team remains at the forefront of technological advancements.
Open Positions: http://aroghia.com/careers