Insider Threat Analyst
- Hillsboro, OR, USA
The Aroghia Group is a nationwide information technology firm that provides cutting-edge IT services, solutions, and staff placements for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals through innovation, collaboration, and deep expertise. This role will focus on supporting one of our top clients with a direct placement solution here locally.
Our client, the leading global sportswear company, needs an Insider Threat Analyst for the CIS group. You will be a critical team member in the Technology Corporate Information Security group and support the Insider Threat program. The successful candidate will bring a high level of passion for building and driving the operations of the Insider Threat Operations team. A solid communications foundation is a must, and we are looking for a person who is motivated to work the details to ensure our organization operates effectively. In addition, you'll get to work alongside truly talented teams and help them enhance their performance by promoting collaboration, innovation and a sense of ownership. As an Insider Threat Analyst, you will conduct technical analysis and investigate user activity data and alerts to identify indicators of data compromise or loss of Intellectual Property. In addition to producing investigative leads, Analyst will review data in support of security inquiries and data loss prevention alerts. These objectives will be accomplished through the following actions:
- Compile results of analyses into reports or products that are concise, accurate, and timely and be capable of presenting the results to team members and management as required.
- Triage insider threat alerts by correlating insider threat data with other data sources to determine potential indications of malicious or risky insider activity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to refine alerts based on triage results and current events.
- Contribute to the development of processes and procedures to support the continued improvement of the Insider Threat Management Program.
- Analysis and Assessment. Conduct all-source analysis, cyber analysis, and investigative analysis. Coordinate the application of insider risk models and assign risk levels for insiders. Access and integrate information from client’s network monitoring tools and other data analytics tools and sources to decipher underlying trends or uncover anomalies and discern obscure patterns and attributes.
- Data Triage. Conduct data triage of anomalous events collected by approved User Activity Monitoring (UAM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and other client network and endpoint monitoring tools. Elevate and investigate anomalous events of concern.
- Insider Threat Investigations. Support insider threat investigation according to requirements in the established policies and procedures. Document findings in written reports.
- Analytic Case Support. Conduct case support to client’s insider threat activities and requirements pursuant to investigations, administrative or security inquiries, security risk assessments, or other adjudicative assessments.
- Briefings and Reports. Prepare and present analysis, in the form of briefings and reports. Briefings and reports must be free from style and grammatical errors, shall address all investigative and analytical findings, and be suitable for publication to client stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Intelligence, Social Sciences, Computer Sciences or a related field
- Experience with analytical problem solving and familiarity with conducting operations relating to insider threat, counterintelligence investigations, or counterespionage.
- Familiarity with data analytics tools used for insider threat information collection on computer networks or knowledge of other insider threat risk scoring data analytics tools and programs.
- Understanding of insider threat analysis, user activity data, and DLP data.
- Experience with the modus operandi of insider threat and associated capabilities and motivations.
- Experience in support of government or large corporate Insider Threat Programs.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including the ability to influence and motivate others in a cross-functional team (both directly and indirectly)
- Ability to establish an independent view, while effectively collaborating with peers in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills and experience creating and presenting executive reports and briefings
- Vision to anticipate problems and provide workable solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication, as well as information-seeking skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to drive recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, Excel; Mac skills also highly preferred
Please note this opportunity is for W2 candidates only; no C2C.
For fastest consideration, please paste the JD into a word document, highlight all the relevant skills and technologies you possess, and attach it to your application.
Aroghia Group provides top market compensation, H1-B transfers, Green Card processing, and a great company culture. Please provide your resume, LinkedIn profile address, and phone number when applying. We have established a solid reputation in the marketplace by providing our employees with outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth. Some additional benefits include (but are not limited to):
• We are a preferred IT vendor for top-notch companies in a wide range of industries across the U.S.
• We offer various compensation structures (hourly, salary) based on qualifications and market demand.
• We provide continuous training and development to ensure our team remains at the forefront of technological advancements.
Open Positions: http://aroghia.com/careers