Sr. MS/SQL Server Developer- Email Marketing Platform
- Philadelphia, PA
Simply put, this company's core is Email Marketing. They are email experts with the solutions, services and software to help you optimize the value of email marketing. Their solutions capitalize on intelligent messaging to achieve the optimal stage of email marketing engagement and interaction. The intuitive email Platform is the foundation of their solutions and is available as a software as a service.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to architect and develop new core features while maintaining the stability and sustainability of the core product. This company is just about to surpass 1 billion emails sent per month! The scalability of their projects is very large and they are continuing to grow.
This role is considered a traditional developer, who can contribute to application software development. Candidates can work with any flavor of .NET to include C#, VB.NET or ASP.NET. They should have senior level skills with SQL.
In addition to developer responsibilities, this position will be responsible for in-depth troubleshooting and resolution of performance and stability issues in the production environment. You will consult with product owner and other team members to ensure applications are developed according to specifications in a Scrum environment.
You will need to have superior communication skills-English speaking. You should be highly technical, but be humble to work with team. You need to be able to do multiple tasks. Dependability is a key attribute. This is a senior level resource and applicants need to have a high degree of development/database skills, but also be coachable and willing to learn.
- Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Top 3 Skills Must Haves:
- Senior .NET Skills (Any Flavor: C#.NET/ASP.NET/VB.NET)
- SQL Server
- Strong Communication Skills: Cultural Fit (Ability to work independently; produce high quality code and be a team player)
- SOAP, Web Services
- Building massive scale web applications
- Data warehouses
- NoSQL databases
- Architect and develop new CONFIDENTIAL core features and enhancements
- Provide guidance on CONFIDENTIAL core enterprise system level architecture and processes
- Maintain and fix defects in existing CONFIDENTIAL features
- Provide tier 3 production support for the CONFIDENTIAL application and its subsystems
- Research emerging technologies and make recommendations to the development team.
- Constantly improve SCRUM task estimation accuracy / completion of tasks
- Regular status updates to all assigned sprint tasks in daily stand-up meetings and maintain Scrum task progression in TFS on a daily basis
Required Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Extensive experience with of MS SQL Server
- Understanding of data-structures, algorithms, and multi-threaded programming with the ability to use these concepts to deliver solutions.
- Excellent analytical/organizational and decision making skills.
- Ability to understand and embrace our business strategy
- Understanding of Agile Development Methodology (Scrum)
- -Experience with Visual Studio / TFS or similar version control system
Location: West Philadelphia or Harrisburg PA ( 2 days in HQ office per week)
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume or inquiry to email@example.com.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.