Director-Modeling Data-P&C Insurance
- San Francisco, CA
This company is an insurance solutions business that specializes in applying advanced analytic techniques and data management skills to accurately assess risk in the property and casualty insurance industry. Many of the nation's leading property and casualty insurers partner with them. By combining vast data resources with leading edge predictive modeling techniques, they create the most accurate risk models in the industry. Their customers use these models to give them a competitive advantage in their marketing, underwriting and pricing strategies.
Why you should consider this:
This opportunity could give you a chance to take your established expertise in turning data into information, and actually create a business out of it. You will be doing it from the center of the P&C industry - a unique position that is not currently held at this company. Due the massive exposure, you can influence the direction of the company and the industry.
This is a collaborative, innovative, data rich environment. You will be leading a highly visible, strongly supported new product initiative to build modeling ready data for the P&C insurance industry.
- Provide thought leadership for the division and the broader organization regarding the application of data for insurance analytics and predictive modeling.
- Be the hands-on data development expert for the modeling ready data products initiative.
- Be a strategic part of the public face of modeling ready data and ancillary services with an ability to represent us with customers, at industry conferences, and with professional organizations.
- Research new data sources and establish relationships with third-party data vendors to develop "win-win" partnerships for data integration into products.
- Collaborate with customers, ensuring that they are able to utilize our products to achieve business value, and engaging them in dialog about future product solutions. Act on customer input to quickly adapt strategy to ensure successful delivery of product and service enhancements and the building of new solution.
- Maintain awareness of market developments, industry trends, and competitor activities. Develop strategies for us to remain competitive in the evolving marketplace.
- Partner with subject matter experts, product areas and stakeholders within the broader organization in support of products and customer needs and identifying new data assets
- Advanced degree in quantitative field of study or MBA with quantitative focus. FCAS strongly preferred.
- 6+ years leading project management within the scope of the requirements below including leading multi-disciplinary teams that include your own staff, cross functional stakeholders, management, and customers. Demonstrated ability to meet challenging schedule, scope, and quality objectives.
- 10+ years identifying and aggregating P&C carrier data (both internal and acquired, used in the quoting, binding, rating/pricing, and claims process) into standardized production databases for policy-level modeling. Must include extensive, hands-on experience in the full cycle of modeling data preparation. An understanding of statistical modeling and machine learning methods and data needs through direct experience providing data support for these activities through implementation and maintenance is required. Must include experience developing business production data processes with IT partners. Top 10 carrier experience strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience researching, sourcing and evaluating data for use in creating modeling data. Must include working with and integrating third-party data products, and using third-party data for the development of new products and services. Strong contacts and relationships with relevant third-party data vendors is desired.
- Extensive experience managing customer relationships to ensure maximum product/service usage and gain insight into new and augmented solutions. First-hand experience with insurer challenges in modeling data preparation, and demonstrated success in addressing those challenges.
- Strong credibility in the P&C industry in the world of predictive modeling and modeling data management with experience being the public face for your product/service area.
- Ability to travel 25 - 50%, variable by month dependent on engagements.
- Designing, programing and executing data management, sanitation and transformation activities, ex. geocoding, address standardization, data appends/ derivations/ subsets/ joins, etc.
- Designing and executing effective processes for the deployment of analytic models in production and supporting activities
- Strong understanding of data transfer methodologies
- SQL Server (or equivalent) DBMS skills, including creating and optimizing databases and database processes
- Strong SQL skills. Other development experience is a plus. Experience with Hadoop is a plus.
- Experience working with geographic data.
- Experience working with unstructured data (text mining) is a plus.
- Experience with high performance (grid) or cloud computing environments is desirable.
- Experience with vehicle telematics data is a plus
COMPENSATION: Base range: $130K - $170K (based on experience)
Plus 25% BONUS
LOCATION:: NYC/NJ or San Francisco
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume or inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.