- Valencia, CA
arvato – the spirit of solutions!
We at arvato provide a comprehensive range of services and solutions to our business partners in the consumer electronics, high-tech, telecommunication, networking and industrial sectors. With more than five decades of experience and our global footprint we create value for our customers and ensure that they are well equipped for the challenges of their markets.
arvato is a part of arvato AG/ Bertelsmann, an internationally networked outsourcing provider. More than 65,000 employees design and implement solutions for all kinds of business processes across integrated service chains, for business customers from around the world. Its portfolio includes all services related to the creation and distribution of printed materials and digital storage media, as well as data management, customer care, CRM services, supply-chain management, digital distribution, financial services, professional and custom IT services, and the direct-to-customer distribution of educational media. arvato is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bertelsmann SE & Co. KgaA.
We are seeking a Mid-level Software Engineer to participate in supporting and improving ongoing IT operations for homegrown Oracle PL/SQL application focusing mainly on Fulfillment and Print technology. Much software development will be required as well; the level of development versus support will depend on the skill level of the candidate. Good opportunity to move from the support role into a developer position.
- Build and oversee small scale independent IT projects for customized print production (“mail-merge” with more complex business rules). These operations occur outside of our core system and allow significant flexibility of technical approach so a solid knowledge of general computing is required
- Essential support for daily business operations related to our systems, requires investigation into many different areas such as FTP servers, networking, bad data feeds, user errors, etc.
- Analyze existing Oracle PL/SQL-based programs and perform code fixes, program enhancements and maintenance
- Run systems manually (test files, re-runs, etc.) for exception cases
- Keep all system components operational
- Create print-on-demand templates (GMC PrintNet)
- Create technical documentation
- Provide support and assistance to team and other departments
- 2+ yrs Oracle PL/SQL experience
- Highly proficient in RDBMS concepts and Oracle SQL
- Fair level of Oracle server DBA experience recommended with a preference for the Oracle 10g RDBMS
- Working knowledge of Quest SQL Navigator or Toad recommended
- Ability to find technical solutions to difficult challenges through R&D
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player: must be able to work well in a team environment
- Ability to juggle several tasks at the same time
- Strong self motivation
- BS in Computer Science or similar schooling highly recommended
- Candidate will be tested for technical ability
- Requires mobility.
- Requires the use of office equipment such as multi-line telephone systems, fax machine, telex, copy machine, computer and calculator.
- Requires reaching up to 24 inches. Requires the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols. Requires hand/eye coordination.
- Requires the ability to work long hours and endure stressful conditions.
- Ability to be extremely flexible.
- Regular predictable attendance required.
- Work is performed in office environment.
- Constant contact with staff and customers.