Customer Service Associate
- Fairlawn, OH
The #1 Furniture Retailer in the U.S.
is hiring Full Time Guest Service Associates!
Ashley Furniture HomeStore, the largest volume furniture retailer in America AND the #1 selling home furniture brand in the World, is seeking positive, professional, friendly and energetic individuals who will provide high-quality customer care in person and over the phone at our retail showroom in Fairlawn, OH.
Are you a naturally talented, “people” person who cares about the products you represent and the customers you service? Do you possess a professional presentation, excellent phone skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently? Are you detail-oriented, able to type a minimum of 35 wpm, and possess working knowledge of common Microsoft computer programs? Do you desire the opportunity to increase your pay in a short period of time? Are you seeking a fun and upbeat work environment?
If the answer is yes, then we want to talk with you!
At Ashley we offer a very unique and competitive compensation plan. Most companies offer pay increases based on time and tenure. Instead, we base raises on merit and performance.
With three levels of certification within the Guest Services position, it’s easy to advance and go from $10 an hour to $12 an hour in a very short period of time. In addition, we offer paid vacations, paid training, a very generous employee discount program and contributions toward a comprehensive benefits package.
(Including but not limited to):
- Support Sales Team by providing top quality face-to-face customer care.
- Accurately record customer payment transactions per company guidelines.
- Proof and confirm accuracy on customer sales orders to ensure correct product is ordered.
- Total daily sales transactions and balance cash, check, credit card totals at the end of the day.
- Use basic problem solving and customer service skill in dealing directly with customers to resolve any issues.
To perform the job successfully, this individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Must be ready, willing and able to work day, evenings, weekends and holidays without any scheduling restrictions. Flexibility to work any and all shifts is required.
- Must have exceptional verbal communication skills and demonstrate a high level of professionalism and common courtesy both in person and on the phone.
- Must be familiar with Windows computer programs & able to accurately type a minimum of 35 wpm.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a growing team, working together towards common goals.
- Prior retail, hospitality and/or front desk experience a plus.
Opportunity - This is not just a job – it’s a career! Our self-paced compensation program allows you the opportunity to increase your pay.
Training - We invest in you! With three levels of certification, training is on-going, interactive and hands-on.
Culture - We place value on integrity, teamwork and positive attitudes. Plus, our work environment is social, upbeat and fun.
Let some of our employees tell you.
“I love the importance placed on every employee having a positive attitude. This makes it a great environment to come to every day.”
- Lauren Aslinger, Regional Guest Services Manager - Fairlawn, OH, team member since 2010
“I feel completely at home walking into our store each day. As I welcome customers into our store, I do so with confidence that they too feel a sense of “home”.
- Joanne Mabelis, Sales Associate- Henrietta, NY, team member since 2010
“Employees are valued for their individual talents & personalities. More importantly, our opinion matters.”
- John Kopera, Sales Associate – Johnstown PA, team member since 2007
PLEASE ATTACH A RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY!