In addition you will need:
- A confident and outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships (i.e., a “people person”)
- The ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and excellent listening
- Self-motivation and passion about providing a “Crazy Good” experience to all customers
- Strong salesmanship and presentation skills
- The ability to work a full-time retail schedule
- An entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter mentality and confidence
- The ability to multi-task and efficiently service 2-3 buying groups at a time
- Basic computer literacy
Some of the benefits a full time sales consultant is eligible to receive include:
- Bonuses and Incentive Pay
- Career Growth and Advancement Opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision Contributions
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Short and Long-term Disability
- PAID Vacation Time
- A Very Generous Employee Discount Program
- …And More!!!
$12/Hour + Commission
Unlimited earning potential!
Our sales associates’ earnings are directly related to the amount of time, energy, & effort put in.
Historically associates earn between $38,000 -$45,000 per year, with those giving greater effort easily earning $50k-60k+.
Opportunity - This is not just a job – it’s a career! Our work environment is social, upbeat and fun.
Advancement opportunities are available.
Training - We invest in you! Never sold before? Our training program consists of classroom instruction, hands on learning and time on the sales floor designed to give you an overview of life as an Ashley HomeStore Sales Associate. You’ll receive training on products, sales, business practices and computer technology. Every new sales associate receives customized training. This is an opportunity to run your own business while leveraging the resources of the #1 name in furniture.
Culture - We place value on integrity, teamwork, positive attitudes, and provide an environment that rewards performance. Visit www.careers-afhs.com to learn more about us.
Let some of our employees tell you.
“The atmosphere is one of family and mutual respect. It enables us to function efficiently as a team creating a positive energy that is evident to our customers.”
–Scott Geibig, Selling Sales Manager, Johnstown, PA, team member since 2011
“Ashley Furniture HomeStore has given me a chance to grow as a sales associate; challenging me to be responsible for my relationship with customers. I know I am in control of my paycheck, and it is in my hands to increase it.”
-Angel Isaac, Sales Associate, Olean, NY, team member since 2011
“After 10 years of working for Ashley Furniture HomeStore, I still find it very rewarding to be an integral part in helping customers make the best buying decision.”
–Lydia Van Atta, Sales Associate, Horseheads, NY, team member since 2002