- King of Prussia, PA
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
The Maintenance Tech will make repairs or begin projects as requested by work order or as noted on-site on one or more properties. This position will make appointments with homeowners or contractors if instructed and investigate, analyze, and repair minor plumbing, electrical, or carpentry problems.
- Understands written work orders or verbal instructions from Supervisor or Service Coordinator.
- Investigate, analyze, and repair minor electrical problems; including, but not limited to, changing photocells, repair or replacement of common area lights, timers, and telephone entry systems.
- Make minor repairs to entry gate systems and access control systems.
- Investigate, analyze, and repair minor plumbing problems; including, but not limited to, repairing toilets, faucets, and irrigation systems.
- Investigate, analyze, and repair minor carpentry problems; including, but not limited to, repair or replacement of lattice, shutters, screens, siding, cornice, signs, and mailboxes.
- Investigate, analyze, and repair other normal maintenance items; including, but not limited to, repairing window leaks, plugging holes in building, painting, repairing sheetrock, gutters, and downspouts.
- Perform porter’s duties and responsibilities when requested.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Perform all duties (Homeowners and Association) in order of priority as assigned by Supervisor, Service Coordinator or Community Manager; or as emergency requires.
- Maintains log of expenses and completed work orders and audits them for status; reviews incomplete work orders.
- Utilize technology to create efficiency in work flow.
- Maintain written documentation of work completed and submit required paperwork by date requested.
- Able to work without direct supervision.
- Work weekends as assigned and agreed upon in advance
- On call 24 hours for emergencies except as pre-arranged through office.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual will have knowledge of Internet software and Microsoft word processing and spreadsheet software.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight, volume, and distance measurements.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of basic property maintenance
- Basic roofing experience
- Locksmith experience
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems/concerns of homeowners
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate a 10-key calculator
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.