Senior Citrix Engineer
- Dallas, TX
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
This position will lead Associa’s Application Virtualization team through the full-lifecycle and product support across the global infrastructure supporting over 10,000 thin client user base. The role will drive advanced engineering and support within the area of Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix XenApp, Citrix Provisioning Server, and VMWare ESXi. This hand’s on senior engineering role will be accountable for design, implementation, support, and performance tuning of a 200+ server based environment that is mission critical to Associa’s day to day operations.
- Drive advanced engineering and support role within the area of Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix XenApp, Citrix Provisioning Server, XenCenter, and VMWare ESXi 6.x.
- Provide Escalation support to the Virtualization Services Team Tier 2
- Coordinate implementation of recommended solutions with operational teams and evaluate the impact of changes across global sites.
- Virtualization Engineers will work with project teams to develop plans for mitigating and possible adverse impacts.
- Virtualization Engineers will be responsible for coordinating testing and approving solutions for Virtualization Delivery Services.
- Working with solution and system architects (peers) to deliver enterprise class virtualization solutions and/or integration into the Associa virtual environment.
- Complete solution product technical design, evaluation and prototyping with roadmaps for long term strategy in virtualization landscape.
- Act as a key contributor to enterprise level strategic projects, meeting milestone deadlines and accomplishing project action items.
- Ensure that proper operating procedures and controls are adhered to during the full lifecycle of all virtual servers throughout the enterprise including documentation, server builds, server maintenance, monitoring, support, refresh/upgrades and decommission.
- Required to administer data within corporate change, problem management and request systems; monitor assignment and completion of efforts documented in these systems; and properly escalate issues to management. Through escalations this role may serve as a point of contact for interactions with vendors on issue resolution.
- Advocate of and mentor for IT Management practices and ITIL. ITIL foundations certification is a plus.
- Facilitate training, coaching and mentoring junior team members to promote their skills development.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in progressive roles from Administrator to Engineer in information technology infrastructure.
- Minimum of five years of experience providing Tier3 escalation support for legacy and current versions of Citrix and VMWare ESX.
- Advanced knowledge relative to administration, engineering, and implementation of virtualization in the following areas; Citrix XenApp 5.X, XenApp 6.X, XenApp 6.5 FR1, FR2, FR3, XenDesktop 5.X to 7.X, Provisioning Server 6.X, Web Interface 5.X, License Server 11.X, Microsoft AppV 5.X.
- Advanced knowledge of Group Policy creation and management, including Citrix specific GPO’s.
- Extensive application debugging experience utilizing Citrix tools, Microsoft System Internals Tools, PVS logging.
- Proven success in large (10,000+ users) virtualization global architectures having multiple Active Directory Domains, XenApp Farms, XenDesktop Farms, PVS Farms, multiple zones, Citrix Policies.
- Advanced knowledge regarding local High Availability relative to servers, power, networking, and remote management capabilities.
- Advanced technical knowledge of enterprise IT architecture and management solutions, including virtualization hypervisors and desktop virtualization brokers, in particular Citrix XenCenter, VMware ESXi, vCenter, and WYSE Thin Client end points.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving ability, critical decision making skills, intuitive, un-yielding focus as workload rises focus increases, muti-task becomes second nature often playing mediator or calming the storm by focusing everyone on a common goal required, mediator on calls if necessary, creative and independent thinker.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.