- Chantilly, VA
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
Becoming part of the Associa CMC Team puts you on the right track to thrive and grow in the real estate industry. We are seeking to fill a Condominium/HOA Staff Accountant that will be based in our Chantilly, VA corporate office. Our Accountants perform daily accounting, financial reporting, and general ledger activities for assigned condominium communities and/or home owners associations.
Successful Accountant candidate will work in a corporate team-oriented environment and oversee all accounting aspects of multiple condominium / homeowners association community financial documents.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports in accordance with contract deadlines and requirements for multiple communities.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monthly general ledger account analysis and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Work in a team oriented environment and assist colleagues to ensure that all financials (and other tasks) are completed timely, accurately, and based on our management contract and/or agreed upon schedule of our client.
- While these are the primary responsibilities of the Accountant, the position is much more than producing a monthly financial statement. A successful will also be able to analyze financial statements and be able to answer financial questions from community managers and board members.
- Have a BA/BS in Accounting or related field
- Minimum two years of previous Accounting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- General office procedures
- Attention to detail and prompt follow up
- Ability to analyze, recommend, and implement procedural changes
- Good communicator and team player
- Proactive, takes the initiative
- "Can do, get the job done" attitude
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.