Portfolio Community Manager
- Chantilly, VA
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
The Portfolio Community Manager) is responsible for providing the overall supervision of assigned community association(s). This position interacts with internal and external customers including homeowners, vendors, board members and committee members.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Supervise the operation and administration of the Association in accordance with management
agreement and the Association's policies and procedures.
- Acts as or oversee the primary liaison with the Association Board of Directors and homeowners
- Perform/Direct administrative and management duties as requested by the Board of Directors
and in accordance with the management agreement.
- Ensure Associa community management tools are being effectively developed and utilized such
as annual calendar, action item list, resolution worksheets, timed agendas, RFP matrixes,
committee charters, procurement procedures, FY operating budget, etc.
- Review monthly financial reports and ensure management summary is submitted to the
association Board of Directors.
- Provide and/or oversee recommendations to the Association Board of Directors and
committees regarding major capital expenditures as required to maintain the desired
community appearance and operation.
- Monitor corporate and client delinquency rates and collections process for account portfolio.
- Attend Board meetings per the management agreement and community events as needed.
- Prepare Board packages according to established time frames.
- Ensure Board of Directors is aware of legal actions involving the Association.
- Maintain unit and contract files relating to the operations of the Association.
- Assist Board of Directors/ARB with architectural review process and/or routine inspections as necessary
- Responsible for maintenance of C3 data base, including updating resident information
- Responsible for routine and special project vendor management including procurement as well as performance evaluation as contracted.
- Responsible for oversight of Associa staff as contract provides.
- Associates Degree Required
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- 1 – 3 years of Management and/or Supervisory experience
- 3 – 5 years of Community Association experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of communities/property/real estate and homeowners associations.
- Knowledge of the role of the association board, the Community Association Manager, and how those roles interface with the requests of homeowners.
- Knowledge of typical business correspondence (grammar, structure, punctuation, spelling, etc.) at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques at a proficient level.
- Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
- Professional customer service skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.