Accounts Payable Manager
- Richardson, TX
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
We at Associa are excited to be adding to our management team at our Client Shared Services Center and are looking for an Accounts Payable Manager! The AP Manager will be responsible for oversight of Accounts Payable functions including supervision of staff, research, analysis, and resolution of complex payment and vendor issues, preparation of special reports, the maintenance of adequate internal control with regard to cash disbursements and overall process improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensures vendor invoices area ccurately scanned, coded, and routed to the branches and ancillary companies for approval.
· Coaches AP Supervisors on strategy and process for handling vendor inquiries and payment issues.
· Ensures all vendors are paid per contractual terms and that inquiries and payment issues are responded to and resolved in a timely manner.
· Works with branches to resolve service issues using sound business acumen and financial judgment indecision-making.
· Develops and maintains relationships with branch leadership teams and other departments within the organization.
· Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
· Provides situational resolution relating to staff including conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
· Supports and provides leadership by mentoring and training each function of the Accounts Payable department.
· Provides overall strategic planning,team development, and business process efficiency to the team.
· Assists with the recruitment and training of Accounts Payable staff.
· Manages the professional development of direct reports by establishing annual goals and objectives for each and advises staff on progress.
· Supports the Accounts Payable Director with special projects and process improvements as needed.
· Completes other ad hoc analysis,special projects, and duties as needed.
· Strong problem solving skills with acute attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines and goals
· Knowledge and use of basic accounting principles, practices, and procedures with emphasis on Accounts Payable
· Skilled in the maintenance and control of appropriate data collection and record keeping systems
· Solid experience and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.
· Ability to recognize opportunities to implement process improvements, i.e. electronic invoicing,electronic payment, lockbox
· Ability to professionally communicate both internally and externally with individuals at all levels of an organization, including senior leadership
· Ability to work both independently and in a team setting; flexible, adaptable, and thrives in afast-paced business environment
· Skilled in being aself-motivating, analytical, and proactive team player
· Exceptional communication skills– listening, written, and verbal
· Exceptional time managementskills
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
· 7 years of Accounts Payable experience
· 3 years of management/supervisory experience
· Experience in Accounts Payable working in a shared service, corporate, operational, or customer service-related environment
· Experience with Strongroom or Complete Control for Communities/C3 Software
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.