Account Receivable Supervisor
- Richardson, TX
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
The Accounts Receivable Supervisor is responsible for training and supervising Accounts Receivable employees and assisting in all aspects of Association accounting processes. This is an accounting support position in a fast paced centralized accounting services environment providing financial services to community associations throughout North America. Candidates for this position must meet Associa’s credit requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise a group of Accounts Receivable (A/R) staff based on branch region
• Manage association processing calendar/schedule for region
• Make daily assignments
• Track daily metrics
• Assessment of staff to determine areas of opportunity and use of specialized skills
• Confirm timeliness of processing by accounts receivable clerks
• Coordinating with branch Financial Accounting Support Person (FASP) for assigned region
• Manage employee access changes
• Manage backfill/backup and work loads (including fluctuations)
• Assign branches portfolios to A/R staff based on experience, skill level and abilities
• Work directly with AR team, Staff Accountant Supervisors, and other leaders in the Organization as needed
• Maintain cash reports for tracking key performance indicators (KPI) and staff allocation
• Develop and train staff to meet department requirements
• Responsible for supervision and performance of staff in AR including performance reviews, disciplinary action and hiring
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of working with banks and multiple entities.
• Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures (US GAAP).
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) at a proficient level.
• Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques at a proficient level.
• Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
• Professional customer service skills.
• Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
• Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
Education and Experience
• Associates Degree Required
• Bachelors Degree Preferred
• 5 – 7 years of directly related or closely related experience
• 3 – 5 years of Management and/or Supervisory experience
• Mortagage closing experience or accounting or payment processing preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.