Community Manager (LCAM)
- Miramar, FL
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
The Community Manager (Portfolio) is responsible for providing the overall supervision of a group of Community Associations. The Community Manager interacts with internal and external customers including homeowners, vendors, board members and committee members, as well as staff at the Associa Client Shared Service Center (CSSC) and within the branch office.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Supervise the operation and administration of the client Associations in accordance with management agreement and the Association's policies and procedures.
- Acts as or oversee the primary liaison with the Associations' Board of Directors and homeowners as needed.
- Perform/Direct administrative and management duties as requested by the Board of Directors and in accordance with the management agreement.
- Ensure Associa community management tools are being effectively developed and utilized such as annual calendar, action item list, resolution worksheets, timed agendas, RFP matrixes, committee charters, procurement procedures, FY operating budget, etc.
- Review monthly financial reports and ensure management summary is submitted to the various association Board of Directors.
- Provide and/or oversee recommendations to the various Association Board of Directors and committees regarding major capital expenditures as required to maintain the desired community appearance and operation.
- Monitor corporate and client delinquency rates and collections process for account portfolio.
- Attend various Board meetings per the management agreement and community events as needed.
- Prepare Board packages according to established time frames.
- Ensure Board of Directors are aware of legal actions involving the respective Associations in the portfolio.
- Maintain unit and contract files relating to the operations of the various Associations.
- Assist Board of Directors/ARB with architectural review process and/or routine inspections as necessary.
- Responsible for maintenance of C3 data base, including updating resident information.
- Responsible for routine and special project vendor management including procurement as well as performance evaluation as contracted.
- Responsible for oversight of Associa staff as contract provides.
- Coordinate and/or oversee inspection of building facilities and/or common area and arrange appropriate follow up actions as required.
- Oversee the AP process in accordance with Associa home office processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Florida Community Association Managers License (FL CAM) Required
- CMCA designation or higher preferred
- Associate Degree and / or 2 to 4 years community association / condominium management experience
- Valid FL Drivers License
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal with a polished, professional and friendly demeanor
- Knowledge of communities/property/real estate and homeowners associations.
- Knowledge of the role of the association board, the Community Association Manager, and how those roles interface with the requests of homeowners.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of typical business correspondence (grammar, structure, punctuation, spelling, etc.) at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques at a proficient level.
- Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
- Professional customer service skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
- Associates Degree Required
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred\
- 1 – 3 years of Community Association experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
MUST BE A LICENSED COMMUNITY MANAGER (CAM) IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA.