General Ledger Accountant I
- Richardson, TX
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
General Ledger Accountant is an entry-level accounting position responsible for simple month-end closing and financial statement preparation for multiple entities (Non-Profit Corporations). This is an accounting support position in a fast paced centralized accounting services environment providing financial services to community associations throughout North America. Candidates for this position must meet Associa’s credit requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Month-end closing and financial statement preparation for multiple entities (Non-Profit Corporations) with varying attributes
• Process and review monthly bank and balance sheet reconciliations
• Develop and enter accruals, amortization, adjustments and reclassifications
• Budget development assistance and administration
• Perform Year End close
• Support community Association Managers (CAM)and Branch Financial Accounting Support Person (FASP), and Association Board of Directors (BOD) as requested
• Work with supporting departments (Accounts Receivable (A/R), Accounts Payable (A/P), Data Management, Delinquency, Tax and Banking Team) on issue resolution
• Occasional work on weekends may be required
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to interpret and apply industry related law
• Experienced in general ledger accounting
• Understanding of A/P transaction process
• Understanding of A/R transaction process
• Able to manage multiple entities, meet tight deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail
• Experienced in month end close process
• Experienced in bank and balance sheet reconciliations
• Experienced in budget development and implementation
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Complete Control for Communities (C3) software , preferred but not required
• Understanding of, or experience in, the Community Association Management Industry, preferred but not required
• Experience working in an Accounting Shared Services Center environment, preferred but not required
Education and Experience
• Associates Degree in Accounting and minimum of 1 year, full cycle, general ledger accounting experience OR Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Association of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) guidelines
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.