Regional Maintenance Manager
- Saint Petersburg, FL
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
- Business Development by marketing to and servicing Community Managers and Boards of Directors. Including developing new divisions to meet specialized service needs.
- Increase department revenue year over year by percentages as set forth in annual budget.
- Apply knowledge and skills to perform the regular and recurring maintenance, installation, and repair work of the department, using any of the equipment authorized and available.
- Direct the operation of field service, which includes the daily dispatching of service techs, supervision of all field employees assigned to that department.
- Create and administer service department policy.
- Receive service requests from owners and community management team.
- Coordinate appointments and schedules.
- Supervise all employees assigned to field services & construction services departments.
- Use appropriate materials and equipment to complete assigned work according to specifications, instructions, and established procedures.
- Proficiently operate all assigned equipment and vehicles to perform any operation within the capacity of the machine as necessary to accomplish required work.
- Manager projects for the construction division including insurance claims, capital improvements and renovation projects.
- Bidding & estimating which entails creation of job specifications, prepare and obtain proposals, recommend repairs and generate work to build department.
- Minimum of 65% billable time.
- Approve all billing for accuracy and completion.
- Complete all reporting and initiatives required by the National Field Service Division.
- Oversee field service techs to ensure quality, efficiency & service level.
- Oversee all office personnel in the department for completion of duties.
- Inspect property liability issues and make recommendations.
- Supervise all service department employees and initiate disciplinary action as may be necessary to ensure all employees in the division are meeting agreed goals and objectives.
- Coach field service technicians to enhance skills / job performance.
- Keep field service personnel schedules up to date.
- Participate in On-Call rotation with Maintenance personnel.
- Reconcile time records with bi-weekly payroll report that are to be submitted to Payroll Department for processing.
- Ensure Purchase Summary Log is in balance and account for all materials.
- Order supplies as necessary.
- Make recommendations to upper management for any additional equipment/capital expenditures.
- Perform work in accordance with sound safety practices.
- As required, coordinate work activities with other departments, for example, to share information and equipment.
- Participate in company meetings with managers for sales, feedback and recommendations.
- Perform sales presentations to managers / board members and attend new client proposal meetings as needed.
- Provide managers with a knowledgeable resource as well as perform necessary manager training classes.
- Participate in leadership team meetings and accomplish its agenda.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four year college; or five ten year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience in service and customer service management.
- Must have knowledge of accounting practices relating to budgeting and financial statements.
- Must have working familiarity with assigned maintenance equipment, construction and repair methods, materials, tools, and procedures, including a basic general knowledge of electricity, plumbing, carpentry, and cement work.
- Desirable to have previous experience and show competency in Residential, Commercial, Garden and High Rise communities.
- Must be able to attend evening meetings as required.
- Must have knowledge of the local metro area.
- Must have ability to plan, schedule, and review the work and performance of others in a manner conducive to proficient performance and high morale.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solving ability.
- Multi-Task oriented.
- Organizational skills.
- Physical strength and ability to perform moderate to heavy manual labor, including frequent bending, walking, and heavy lifting, for extended periods under dirty and uncomfortable conditions and in all types of weather as necessary.
- Ability to monitor phone messages and emails while performing other work throughout the day.
- Communication skills to work effectively as a team leader and answer internal and external client inquiries.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Flexibility to be available for emergency on-call.
- Ability occasionally and as necessary to use sound judgment to solve problems and make decisions independently.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.