- Hollywood, FL
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for cleaning, maintaining, and repairing building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, window and door screens, flooring material, gutters, and drains. The maintenance technician will take care of general maintenance duties involving carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical repairs to guarantee that the building is properly and safely maintained.
This is a Full-Time position in Hollywood Beach, FL.
*This position has variable hours; must be flexible and willing to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that building systems operate efficiently and that the physical condition of buildings do not deteriorate.
- Perform maintenance tasks such as carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical repairs to ensure that the building is properly maintained.
- Clean and repair building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, screens, walls, floors, gutters and drains.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 – 5 years of general maintenance or directly related maintenance experience, preferably in hotel, resort, condominium or residential high rise building
- Knowledge of general maintenance requirements, plumbing and electrical codes (documentation, safety, required reporting, regulations, etc.)
- Knowledge of OSHA work-site and personal safety requirements.
- Knowledge of State or local governmental safety requirements.
- Interpretation and completion of verbal and/or written instructions at a proficient level.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Must be a team player and be able to work with little supervision
- Polite with experience working in a hospitality or customer service oriented environment
- Must have excellent time management skills and work ethic to get daily job tasks done on time each day
- Must be reliable and on-time
- Must have Reliable transportation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NOTE: SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE TO GO FOR A DRUG TEST AND COMPLETE A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.