- Arlington, VA
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
This is a Part Time, 20 hours per week position. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for cleaning, maintaining, and repairing building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, window and door screens, flooring material, gutters, and drains. The Maintenance Technician will take care of maintenance duties involving carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical repairs to guarantee that the building is properly and safely maintained.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that building systems operate efficiently and
that the physical condition of buildings do not deteriorate.
- Perform maintenance tasks such as carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical repairs to
ensure that the building is properly maintained.
- Clean and repair building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, screens, walls, floors,
gutters and drains.
- Operate and perform routine maintenance and repairs on HVAC equipment and related
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- 3 – 5 years of directly related or closely related experience
- Knowledge of general maintenance requirements, (documentation, safety, required reporting,
- Knowledge of electrical and plumbing codes and maintenance requirements, (documentation,
safety, required reporting, regulations, etc.)
- Knowledge of OSHA worksite and personal safety requirements.
- Knowledge of State or local governmental safety requirements.
- Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
- Professional customer service skills.
- Interpretation and completion of verbal and/or written instructions at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and forms.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.