Assistant General Manager
- Gaithersburg, MD
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
The Assistant General Manager (typically on-site) is responsible for supervising the administrative support staff of the Community Association assigned. The Assistant General Manager will also assist the Lead General Manager with oversight and support of the various departments within the Community Association
including Food & Beverage, Facilities Maintenance, Custodial, Landscaping, Lifestyle, etc. The Assistant General Manager is the liaison to the Lead General Manager and residents primarily, but will also
occasionally interact with vendors, board members and committee members.
- Assist Lead General Manager with implementation of Board policy and directives within the scope of the management agreement. Works with the board on strategic initiatives, policy governance and association projects.
- Supervise all administration staff at the community.
- Assist with employee hiring, training, supervising, and performance management.
- Assist with preparing schedules and establishes priorities for routine and special work projects.
- Assist with annual budget.
- Assist with the administration of the various functions of the community within the projected and approved operating budget.
- In conjunction with the Lead General Manager, act as a liaison between the Board of Directors
and residents in the execution of the established policies and the conveyance of resident
- In conjunction with the Lead General Manager, work as a liaison between the Board and legal
counsel, as well as the Board
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of the Association Board of Directors, the General Manager, and how those roles
interface with the requests of homeowners.
- Knowledge of typical business correspondence (grammar, structure, punctuation, spelling, etc.)
at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and forms.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques at a proficient level.
- Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- 3 – 5 years of directly related or closely related experience
- 3 – 5 years of Community Association experience preferred but not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.