- Saint Petersburg, FL
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
Associa OnCall (AOC) is looking for a skilled Maintenance Technician to service their residential HOA and condominium property clientele. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for cleaning, maintaining, and repairing building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, window and door screens, flooring material, gutters, and drains. Ensures that all support and service is conducted by trade code and fulfilled in a manner consistent with AOC standards.
This is a Full-Time position in St. Petersburg, FL.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform specific and general maintenance tasks at all facilities under the
responsibility of the Service Manager.
- Performs all technical and general maintenance — HVAC, electrical, plumbing,
mechanical repairs, pool repairs, carpentry, painting, ect..
- Investigate, analyze, and repair minor electrical problems; including, but not limited to, changing photocells, repair or replacement of common area lights, timers, and telephone entry systems.
- Investigate, analyze, and repair minor plumbing problems; including, but not limited to, repairing toilets, faucets, and irrigation systems.
- Investigate, analyze, and repair minor carpentry problems; including, but not limited to, repair or replacement of lattice, shutters, screens, siding, cornice, signs, and mailboxes.
- Investigate, analyze, and repair other normal maintenance items; including, but not limited to, repairing window leaks, plugging holes in building, painting, repairing sheetrock, gutters, and downspouts.
- Perform porter’s duties and responsibilities when requested.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Perform all duties (Homeowners and Association) in order of priority as assigned by Supervisor, Service Coordinator or Community Manager; or as emergency requires.
- Maintains log of expenses and completed work orders and audits them for status; reviews incomplete work orders.
- Utilize technology to create efficiency in work flow.
- Maintain written documentation of work completed and submit required paperwork by date requested.
- Able to work without direct supervision
- Assist with other jobs and other duties as necessary.
- 3 - 5 years experience in general and building or property maintenance
- Extensive knowledge of electrical, HVAC, plumbing and carpentry work, technical
- Any Related Certifications- HVAC, Electrical, and other are a plus
- Some knowledge of EPA and OSHA related safety codes and practices. Good knowledge of building maintenance and operations functions, building energy conservation techniques; building codes and related regulations.
- Performing carpentry, concrete placing, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC maintenance work; using tools associated with the trade.
- Reading and maintaining blueprints and plans; evaluating maintenance needs of buildings and related facilities.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems/concerns of homeowners; excellent customer service skills required
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Some knowledge of the Department of Environmental Quality regulations associated with public water and wastewater; the methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial work; landscaping and sprinkler system installation and maintenance.
- Valid driver’s license.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Typical outside/inside work environment (frequent standing, walking, lifting and/or operating powered equipment using proper safety techniques or tools, working from a ladder). Exposure to hot and cold weather conditions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record to operate a company vehicle.