- Alpharetta, GA
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
Associa OnCall (AOC) is looking for a skilled field Maintenance Technician to service their residential HOA and condominium clients.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for cleaning, maintaining, and repairing building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, window and door screens, flooring material, gutters, and drains. The Maintenance Technician will take care of maintenance duties involving carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical repairs to guarantee that the building is properly and safely maintained.
This is a Full-Time position in Alpharetta, GA and surrounding area.
Work Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (occasional overtime hours needed on Saturday)
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that building systems operate efficiently and
that the physical condition of buildings do not deteriorate.
- Perform maintenance tasks such as carpentry, painting, plumbing, roofing and electrical repairs to ensure that the building is properly maintained.
- Clean and repair building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, screens, walls, floors,
gutters and drains.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of directly related or closely related building or property maintenance experience
- Preference given to candidates that are licensed in electrical and/or plumbing; GAF certification is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of or experience in roof repair, wood rot repair, roof boots, downspouts and gutter repair, concrete and mortar repair, siding repair and replacement, patio block repair, compounding, and/or fencing repair is a plus.
- Knowledge of general maintenance requirements, (documentation, safety, required reporting,
- Knowledge of electrical and plumbing codes and maintenance requirements, (documentation,
safety, required reporting, regulations, etc.)
- Knowledge of OSHA worksite and personal safety requirements.
- Knowledge of State or local governmental safety requirements.
- Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
- Professional customer service skills.
- Interpretation and completion of verbal and/or written instructions at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and forms.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record to operate a company vehicle.
Must be willing to consent to a pre-employment drug screen and a background screen.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Typical outside work environment (frequent standing, walking, lifting and/or operating powered equipment using proper safety techniques or tools, working from a ladder). Exposure to hot and cold weather conditions.