- Washington, DC
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
This position is located in Washington, DC. Qualified applicants must possess a DC Class Three Stationary Boiler License.
The Maintenance Tech will handle many different areas of repair, such as plumbing, electricity, ventilation, air conditioning, and other building systems. The Maintenance Tech is also responsible for evaluating problematic systems and determining what repairs need to be performed. This position is also responsible for coordinating with building or complex management on supplies needed for the job, as well as maintenance inventory.
- Perform or arrange for general building and fixture repairs.
- Supervise all general building maintenance.
- Supervise maintenance of landscaping and upkeep of grounds equipment.
- Keep the building in a clean and orderly condition by examining the building on a regular basis for needed repairs, maintenance, and cleanliness.
- Supervise maintenance staff and outside contractors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a DC Class Three Stationary Boiler License
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- 7 – 10 years of directly related or closely related experience
- 0 – 3 years of Community Association experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and forms at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of State or local governmental safety requirements.
- Knowledge of general maintenance requirements, (documentation, safety, required reporting, regulations, etc.)
- Knowledge of electrical and plumbing codes and maintenance requirements, (documentation, safety, required reporting, regulations, etc.)
- Knowledge of HVAC, including codes and maintenance requirements, (documentation, safety, required reporting, regulations, etc.)
- Knowledge of OSHA worksite and personal safety requirements.
- Confidentiality and discretion in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.