- Honolulu, HI
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from Supervisor.
- Assist maintenance tech with two person jobs
- Perform porter type jobs including trash removal, leaf blowing, pressure washing & gutter cleaning.
- Investigate, analyze, and repair minor electrical problems such as the replacement of common area lights.
- Investigate, analyze, and repair minor plumbing problems such as replacing a worn toilet flapper.
- Investigate, analyze, and repair minor carpentry problems; including, but not limited to, repair or replacement of lattice, shutters, screens, siding, cornice, signs, and mailboxes.
- Investigate, analyze, and repair other normal maintenance items; including, but not limited to, repairing window leaks, plugging holes in building, painting, repairing sheetrock, gutters, and downspouts.
- Perform porter’s duties and responsibilities when requested.
- Perform all duties (Homeowners and Association) in order of priority as assigned by supervisor or property manager; or as emergency requires.
- Maintains mileage log, completes timecard entries and job tickets at the completion of each job, and notifies supervisor of incomplete work orders prior to leaving job site.
- Utilize technology to create efficiency in work flow.
- Maintain written documentation of work completed and submit required paperwork by date requested.
- Able to work without direct supervision.
- Work weekends as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic property maintenance
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems/concerns of homeowners
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good knowledge of building maintenance and operations functions, building; building codes and related regulations.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Performing carpentry and other related handyman and maintenance work; using tools associated with the trade.
- Valid driver’s license.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear, talk, and use hands to feel or handle. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, and reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally required to climb a ladder at least 40 feet in length.