Branch Manager- Building Materials
- Allentown, PA
Alside represents over six decades of inspired innovation. Founded in 1947, Alside is a leading manufacturer of vinyl siding and accessories, vinyl windows and patio doors, and fencing and railing products for the residential and commercial remodeling and new construction markets.
With headquarters in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, Alside has over 3000 employees in its seven manufacturing facilities (Cuyahoga Falls OH; West Salem OH; Ennis TX; Cedar Rapids IA; Kinston NC, Bothell WA; Yuma AZ). Alside products are distributed to licensed professional remodeling contractors and home builders through our network of 100 Alside Supply Centers and also through select independent distributors across the country.
The individual in this role will be primarily responsible for providing leadership, ensuring customer service standards, supporting sales, compliance to company policy/procedure and management of a safe working environment.
Ensuring delivery of company customer service platform through:
- People/Labor Cost
- Operating Expense
- Ethical standards
- Policies and Regulatory Compliance
- Productivity / Efficiency
- Hiring/On-Boarding/Training of associates
- Progressive Discipline
- OSHA/DOT/Regulatory Compliance
- Facility, Fleet & Job Hazard Awareness
- Promotion of pro-active Safety culture
- Actively demonstrate, though one’s actions, a commitment to creating a safe workplace free of all injuries
- Focus on the things that ensure outstanding customer experience, compliance, productivity and ultimately, profitability
- Day-to-day management of operational staff, including training, coaching and mentoring to cultivate a team environment
- Contribute and support the execution of the top line sales goal
- Ability to multi-task and make business decisions in a constantly changing, fast paced environment
- Composed Under Pressure
- Results Driven
- Self-Motivated and enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Service Oriented
- Organized and Detail Oriented
- Effective Time Management
- Excellent Communication
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College Degree or applicable work experience
- Preferably 2-5 years’ experience in a sales, manufacturing or distribution environment including responsibility for management of people
- Microsoft Excel, Office and Outlook experience
- General knowledge of the building industry preferred, but not required
- P&L Analysis
- Inventory / Warehousing
- Logistics & Dispatch
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, talking and listening.
- Location specific lifting requirements based on what the field requires.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com.