Human Resources Generalist
- Kinston, NC
Associated Materials is the parent company for leading
building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and
Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create,
develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more
throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If
you’re searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI.
- Provide onsite assistance for associate relations related concerns and issues.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and training to managers and leaders to develop key competencies and leadership capabilities.
- Make recommendations to policy development, application and interpretation.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Documents current processes and procedures and leads the effort to maintain and create step by step procedures.
- Provides assistance to HR team projects as required.
- Coordinates and executes new associate orientation ensuring all required documents are distributed, signed and returned.
- Assist in the areas of employment verification, benefits administration, leave of absence etc.
- Assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook, policies, and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Administers compensation program; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all nonexempt personnel and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career pathing program, writes and places advertisements.
- A bachelor's degree in HR or Business
- Must have 4-6 years+ work experience in HR Generalist role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline.
- Functional and technical working knowledge Microsoft Office applications.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Detailed oriented with a high degree of accuracy and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Project management skills and an active role in problem resolution.
- Sound knowledge of employment law