Associated Materials is the parent company for leading
building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and
Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create,
develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more
throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If
you’re searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI.
- Prepare periodic financial reports including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and 8-K and ensure such financial reports are prepared in accordance with GAAP, S-X and XBRL requirements
- Conduct technical accounting research for new accounting and regulatory pronouncements and evolving issues, and implement new accounting guidance to ensure compliance with GAAP and SEC rules
- Monitor adherence to accounting policies, processes, and procedures and develop new processes and procedures in response to evolving business practices
- Oversee the corporate accounting function relating to pension, warranty reserves, stock compensation, lease accounting and etc.
- Assist with the preparation of the goodwill and intangible asset impairment tests
- Review account reconciliations, challenge the balances, re-assess whether proper accounting is used
- Prepare monthly consolidation of subsidiary results, financial statements and reporting package for senior management and board of directors
- Preparation of quarterly earnings press releases
- Coordinate annual audit and quarterly reviews with the independent auditors
- Responsible for maintaining documentation of internal controls over financial reporting to be in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Assist with other projects, assignments and business analyses as requested by the Corporate Controller
- Excellent SEC reporting experience – strong background in preparation of SEC forms including 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K as well as experience with compliance requirements of SEC, FASB, PCAOB, EITF, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or other related business major
- CPA certification
- 4-6 years of public accounting experience and 4+ years supervisory experience; minimum of 6-7 years total accounting experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience and understanding of Oracle G/L and Web Filings
- High sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.