Associated Materials is the parent company for leading
building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and
Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create,
develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more
throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If
you’re searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI.
- Direct and manage the day-to-day Coil Coating Line Operations at a manufacturing facility with the highest level of safety to achieve quality and efficient operations
- Monitor the key performance indicators of the plant ensuring that it is operating efficiently and provide technical expertise and scope developments for improvement projects
- Manage and ability to coach Salaried Shift Supervisors and 3 shift coating Unionized operations adhering to the company policies
- Support operations by developing improvements and optimizing existing processes, and by resolving severe manufacturing problems affecting product quality, personnel safety, environmental compliance, or equipment operability. Participate on project and engineering teams for new or improved processes including process scale-up, equipment design, initial start up and demonstration, and process validation. Investigate and resolve process deviations, excursions, and atypical events.
- Take the lead in design and implementation of processes and projects which will contribute to cost saving enhancements and significantly improve the efficiency and capacity of the plants and/or reduce the operational costs.
- Identify, develop and implement sustainable corrective actions to maximize the productivity using lean manufacturing concepts
- Train production and quality control personnel in Quality Assurance Testing/Compliance with specifications and overall responsibility of the quality system and partnering with the QC Supervisor
- A diverse working knowledge of coating / paint technologies and application
- Ability to handle multiple fast-paced projects with constantly changing priorities and scope
- Must have significant hands on manufacturing oriented experience and a track record of continuous improvements, SPC/SQC and Lean manufacturing concepts
- Significant technical expertise in process application and production introductions
- Strong Interpersonal skills
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is required.
- 7+ years experience as a people leader in a fast-paced Union manufacturing environment a Must
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.