- Cleveland, OH
Associated Materials is the parent company for leading
building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and
Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create,
develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more
throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If
you’re searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI.
The Materials Manager is the leader for On Time Delivery of goods produced in our manufacturing plant. Works in conjunction with such diverse areas as Operations, Production Control, Human Resources, Maintenance, Shipping, and Receiving to improve all material related KPIs. As a key member of the plant leadership team, the Materials Manager will be expected to implement a zero waste manufacturing culture focused on continuous improvement and delivering sustainable performance for KPIs-SQDC.
- Achieve measurable improvement in On Time Delivery requirements for shipping of customer orders.
- Gain improvements in Productivity (Hours Per Unit) measures of assigned manpower.
- Achieve measureable improvement in inventory reduction, lead time reduction, and material stock outages.
Broad definition of the roles and responsibilities includes:
- Directly responsible for leading the materials function of a high volume, complex production facility with direct and indirect managerial responsibility for over 50 associates.
- Standardize all windows shipping processes to meet or exceed quality expectations.
- Optimize talent, processes and equipment for cost savings and performance.
- Accountable for conception, initiation and follow through for all materials problem solving efforts including root cause countermeasures.
- Evaluate, select, retain and develop top available talent, building a succession plan for this critical team and facility.
- Drive Lean transformation of assigned materials operations providing direct guidance and leadership to the supervisory and individual teams.
- Possess a Bachelors degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related discipline.
- Have demonstrated career advancement with clear capability to successfully assume additional responsibilities.
- Clearly exhibits strong leadership experience through mature hiring practices, performance management and leadership development.
- Successful professional record of working effectively with technical, management and hourly manufacturing employees.
- Have experience with TPS Lean systems, Kaizen problem solving methodology and a professional commitment to operational excellence.