- Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Associated Materials is the parent company for leading
building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and
Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create,
develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more
throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If
you’re searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI.
Summary: The Manufacturing Manager is the leader for manufacturing plant functions for a defined area of the overall manufacturing plant. Works in cunjunction with, or has direct responsibility for diverse areas as Operations, Production Control, Human Resources, Maintenance, Shipping, and Receiving. As a key member of the plant leadership team, the Manufacturing Manager will be expected to implement a zero waste manufacturing culture focused on continuous improvement and delivering sustainable performance for KPIs-SQDC.
- Achieve measurable improvement in all On Time Delivery requirements of assigned product lines
- Consistently reduce measured Quality defects of assigned product lines
- Gain improvements in Productivity (Hours Per Unit) measures of assigned product lines
Broad definition of the roles and responsibilities includes:
- Directly responsible for leading the assembly and manufacturing function of a high volume, complex production facility with direct and indirect managerial responsibility for over 250 associates.
- Standardize all windows assembly processes to meet or exceed quality expectations
- Optimize talent, processes and equipment for cost savings and performance
- Accountable for conception, initiation and follow through for all assembly problem solving efforts including root cause countermeasures
- Evaluate, select, retain and develop top available talent, building a succession plan for this critical team and facility.
- Drive Lean transformation of assigned manufacturing operations providing direct guidance and leadership to the supervisory and individual teams.
- Possess a Bachelors degree in Engineering or related technical discipline
- Have demonstrated career advancement with clear capability to successfully assume additional responsibilities
- Clearly exhibits strong leadership experience through mature hiring practices, performance management and leadership development
- Successful professional record of working effectively with technical, management and hourly manufacturing employees
- Have experience with TPS Lean systems, Kaizen problem solving methodology and a professional committment to operational excellence