- Cleveland, OH
Associated Materials is the parent company for leading
building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and
Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create,
develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more
throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If
you’re searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to email@example.com
This position reports to the Manager, Corporate Accounting & Analysis, and will play a major role in the monthly close processes and reporting of financial results. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for supporting the organization’s accounting requirements, developing and delivering accurate reporting, and improving accounting processes. In addition, the Senior Accountant may be asked to assist in special accounting projects and analysis.
- Prepare and complete monthly close process to ensure timely reporting of financial results.
- Ensure accuracy of reported balances through completion of account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly internal reporting analysis to keep departments apprised of results.
- Prepare journal entries as part of the month end close process.
- Analyze general ledger activity, including both Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts.
- Responsibility for lease accounting, including journal entries, operating lease analysis, accurate reporting of lease expense and maintenance of lease database.
- Responsibility for inventory accounting, including reconciliation of the perpetual inventory records to the general ledger and analysis of inter-company transactions.
- Responsible for accounting related to marketing, self insurance, etc.
- Prepare monthly analyses and communicate results to department managers.
- Special projects as needed and other duties as assigned.
- All levels of Accounting and Finance teams
- Senior management teams, various department managers and some external auditor interactions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in Accounting / Finance
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong technical accounting skills and interpersonal communication skills